BOY (EDM Remix) (God of War)

Sup all!

When gamers who have played God of War 4 decided to make “Boy”, the name Kratos constantly calls his son Atreus, into a popular meme, Smooth4Lyfe decided to create a remix. Check out the EDM remix called “BOY”, which turns the voice of Kratos into a hot club pumping beat. Hope you like!

I'm not familiar with the meme, but that doesn't stop me from appreciating this mix. This is a nice deviation from your usual style! 

For a style like this, personally, for an EDM track, your drum kick should be stronger. Sounds like some of the low end is being rolled off, or it's not being sidechained enough. Similarly, the drops around 0:43-0:46 & 2:27-2:30 are kind of weak, but this issue is probably tied with the kick not having enough oomph. 

Still, love the creativity you've shown with this mix. Good job. :)

• 9 months later...

Late eval, we apologize for that.

And not much of an eval, either. No source link, no source comment.

It seems to be mostly voice clips from the game, random vocal samples, big edm synths and a nice beat. I'm not sure what melodies are relevant to an eval.

There are also some weird key changes between parts. Jarring, but not a dealbreaker.

Look, you know better than anyone else if this contains source material from GoW4's music and to what extent you've used it. I'll mark this as wip for now, link a source and change it back to ready for review if you want it evaluated for being posted on ocr.

Fun track though.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that it's ready for submission to OCR, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and someone will review it again. Good luck!