We're Going Home — Space Fantasy

I rather enjoyed this one too. :)

Lovely and warm, with just enough epic for excitement. This feels like a Metroid overworld track or a Star Ocean theme - and I hope you don't take offense to that, as I know you don't remix much anymore.

My only real comments are:

• In the intro, the horn sounds way more present than the background strings (ie. the strings sound a bit narrow). This is probably subjective.
  • Not sure about the lead vocal fill at 1:13. It's the only place where a lead vocal stands out, so it seems a bit out of place to me.

I really like the subtle build until the violin drops at 0:52 - I think this is a perfect escalation of mood. The parts that really grabbed me was the little fill you have at 0:32 over the horn and the ending; that last instrument made me think you were going to break into something sounding a bit Southern Europe or Middle Eastern. I think this would sound pretty darn awesome following an orchestra, but only a suggestion.

Anyway, sounds great! Hope to hear more on this.

6 hours ago, The Nikanoru said:

This feels like a Metroid overworld track or a Star Ocean theme - and I hope you don't take offense to that, as I know you don't remix much anymore.

Why would I take offense to that? Those a great soundtracks to be compared to. :-)

In the intro, the horn sounds way more present than the background strings (ie. the strings sound a bit narrow). This is probably subjective.

I fought with that and and the synth pad for a very long time. I knew I wanted that particular synth pad, which was broken up into three different segments, but it sounded too narrow. Tried panning, reverbing, delaying, etc. but for whatever reason, I guess that's as wide as I could make it.

I think this would sound pretty darn awesome following an orchestra, but only a suggestion.

The duduk is basically my homage to the Battlestar: Galactica score.