Streaming site?

FL530

Would a game music & remix streaming service be worth maintaining to you?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Would it be worth the time and resources to you to maintain a game music & remix streaming service?

• Heck yeah!
    • No way.

I'm wondering if anyone has considered -- or knows of --  a service, akin to Spotify or Pandora, that has music from OCRemix, VGMix, DoD, and the like, as well as original game music. If not, does anyone know how to set one up? And would it even be worth the effort?

I'm curious what everyone thinks about the idea.

On 6/30/2018 at 11:59 PM, Liontamer said:

Rainwave.cc has dedicated streams for OC ReMixes, non-OCR arrangements, VGM soundtracks, and chiptunes. Enjoy! :-)

I actually listen to RainWave on occasion, and it's pretty cool, but I'm wanting something where I can set-up playlists that play only the songs I want to hear, and not have to listen to songs that I may not want to listen to at a given moment.

Say, for example, I want to listen to some "Nintendo slow jams" as I'm settling into bed for the night. Or want some heavier music for a long drive. RainWave, while it might play some of those things, won't necessarily play them at the "appropriate time".

Hopefully, you know what I'm reaching for here.

On 7/3/2018 at 12:27 PM, DarkeSword said:

We've talked internally about doing site-hosted playlists of music in the OCR catalog. I've had a lot of ideas about this. It's definitely on the radar, but right now there's a lot of backend work that needs to be done to facilitate this.

That would be awesome! If it ever comes to fruition, I'd love to beta test it, if you open that option!