Zelda 64: OoT/MM ReMix Project? (Suggestions? Possible?)

Abadoss

I am rather surprised that there hasn't been a Zelda 64 project set up yet (that I know of), considering the accessibility of the songs. Anyway, I was thinking that perhaps a project could be started based on the ocarina songs from both OoT and MM. We could include boss themes and whatnot as well, but it would be mainly based on the songs, since most of the music in the games are directly related to the songs.

Is this something that's of interest to anyone else? Is it possible? Any suggestions?

Please note that my posting this am I necessarily volunteering to run the thing. I can if that is so desired, but, otherwise, that position is up for grabs...

{edit} - Also (as a note to any mods), if this is something that is being done already, feel free to delete this thread...

I don't think OCR is really hurting for Zelda64 mixes. There's a project in progress at VGMix though, so you might consider joining that.

I'm all for a Majora's Mask project though. But maybe later...there are way too many projects going on right now.

I know there's a lot of Zelda64 mixes (but there were a lot of Chrono Trigger mixes, as well) on OCR, but, as far as I know, not all the songs have been done and certainly very few from MM.

I don't think OCR is really hurting for Zelda64 mixes. There's a project in progress at VGMix though, so you might consider joining that.

I'm all for a Majora's Mask project though. But maybe later...there are way too many projects going on right now.

I know there's a lot of Zelda64 mixes (but there were a lot of Chrono Trigger mixes, as well) on OCR, but, as far as I know, not all the songs have been done and certainly very few from MM.

Are there any MM songs done on OCR even? I'm really surprised none of the songs from MM have been rearranged, particularly things like Song of Healing. Therefore, I also think an MM project would more welcome then a OoT project.

Are there any MM songs done on OCR even? I'm really surprised none of the songs from MM have been rearranged, particularly things like Song of Healing. Therefore, I also think an MM project would more welcome then a OoT project.

The reason I suggest a combination is because of how much the songs cross over and the fact that I don't think there'd be enough songs in just MM alone. Collectively, it could be a really cool thing.

OLRina of Time is down as of the moment; richter and myself are working on fixing the problem.

However, this is the link for when we get it back up and running:

http://zelda64.olremix.org

Bookmark it!

Uh, but is that project geared the same way the other remix projects have been? Or is it along the same lines as OLR, as a site?

There's a Majora's Mask track to be posted soon in the judges decisions. The long wait will be over.

OLRina of Time is an experience.

If you remix a game, please just do one game. Either Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. One game takes a really long time and lots of dedication to finish a project for already. Now we have all these projects going for 2 or more games at the same time, such as Project Chaos (which WAS fantastic though), Pokemon, and Tales. Then you have giant projects like the Seiken Densetsu 3 project which has like 50 tracks. It'll be an eternity by the time we hear any of new ones. It's not in anyone's best interest to do too many games or too many tracks. Keep that in mind.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

NO

And if it was done, it would only be cool if it was done 8 years from now and coordinated by mustin or dj fucking p.

Seriously, enough projects. It is totally diminishing the initial feelings they had.

WHEN WILL THE KIRBY ONE BE DONE!!!???

I think all the people I'd care to listen to are already working on projects. You ought to wait a year or two at least.

That should hardly be a reason not to do a project.

It'll be an eternity by the time we hear any of new ones. It's not in anyone's best interest to do too many games or too many tracks. Keep that in mind.

There's only about, what, twelve songs per game (if you don't count the fact that some of them are the same in both games). Plus, maybe, a battle theme and a boss theme here and there is not that much at all. At maximum (which I doubt would happen), you'd be looking at 25-30 tracks. More than likely, it'd be around 15-20 tracks.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

NO

And if it was done, it would only be cool if it was done 8 years from now and coordinated by mustin or dj fucking p.

Seriously, enough projects. It is totally diminishing the initial feelings they had.

I would've expected better of you.

There should be a sticky in big fucking bold font that says NO MORE PROJECTS OK GTFO

So, just like that, you'd keep people from being creative and productive.

To be completely honest, I'm thoroughly disappointed in the manner in which people have been responding to this. This isn't even an official thread for a project and you attack it like it's al-Quida headquarters. Grow some balls and be considerate people for once.