Zelda 64: OoT/MM ReMix Project? (Suggestions? Possible?)

Abadoss

Expected better of me? Because I am a site project coordinator? Hemo and I have been discussing some sort of limit to how many Site projects are available to be ran at a time. I have felt this way for a while. Was my post meant to be a burn at you? No, but rather a comment voicing my frustration with the sudden influx of projecs.

Expected better of me? Because I am a site project coordinator? Hemo and I have been discussing some sort of limit to how many Site projects are available to be ran at a time. I have felt this way for a while. Was my post meant to be a burn at you? No, but rather a comment voicing my frustration with the sudden influx of projecs.

I can understand that kind of frustration, but that kind of attitude might keep someone from creating something that might actually be worth it. So what if there's a lot of projects going on right now? Most will probably die off anyway. Did Beethoven say, "Oh, there's a lot of music already out there. I'll just wait until it dies down a little before writing anymore."? (Not to say that this idea is comparable to the importance of Beethoven)

It's one thing to not want that many projects going on and to even work out ways to limit the amount, but to go around to threads say things like, "OMFG, thar's tOO much Porjects!!!" (clearly an exaggeration) is like telling Beethoven to shove his music up his ass cause Mozart already did his thing and we don't need anymore of it.

Comparing someone as great as beethoven to something as trivial as this is asinine.

I would accept this, as well as many other projects, if they weren't created in such quantities. 1 or two new ones a year would be great, but so far this year we have had like 5.

There are a few exceptions to this, however, if you are well established and have already have things underway. Take FF7, RD, and the Tim project for example.

Zircon running FF7, putting my personal bias for the game aside, is great. Zircon is an accomplished remixer, as well as a friend and companion to many other remixers around, obviously guaranteeing success. Geoffrey Taucer running Radical dreamers is also great. Considering his success in collaborating with people before, he has many sources and links. People respect and admire his work, which would instantly make them wish to join with no second questions asked. And of course, let us not forget good old Larry. He has established himself here as one of the OG's, there is absolutely nothing hindering him from running a project, considering his huge fanbase, admirerers, and those that respect him for all the work that he has put in the site over the years.

So, this project is a good idea, but something down the road many years from now. At the moment, with the ridiculous amount of site projects already around, it wouldn't get the respect and remixer quality the game/games deserve.

Comparing someone as great as beethoven to something as trivial as this is asinine.

I would accept this, as well as many other projects, if they weren't created in such quantities. 1 or two new ones a year would be great, but so far this year we have had like 5.

There are a few exceptions to this, however, if you are well established and have already have things underway. Take FF7, RD, and the Tim project for example.

Zircon running FF7, putting my personal bias for the game aside, is great. Zircon is an accomplished remixer, as well as a friend and companion to many other remixers around, obviously guaranteeing success. Geoffrey Taucer running Radical dreamers is also great. Considering his success in collaborating with people before, he has many sources and links. People respect and admire his work, which would instantly make them wish to join with no second questions asked. And of course, let us not forget good old Larry. He has established himself here as one of the OG's, there is absolutely nothing hindering him from running a project, considering his huge fanbase, admirerers, and those that respect him for all the work that he has put in the site over the years.

So, this project is a good idea, but something down the road many years from now. At the moment, with the ridiculous amount of site projects already around, it wouldn't get the respect and remixer quality the game/games deserve.

What of those who've yet to have a chance to prove themselves? Should a project be so exclusive as to be only run by those who've ran them before? Perhaps there's someone out there who's just as good as zircon and just as organized as Geoffrey Taucer, who you and I may know nothing about. Without giving him/her a chance to show that, you've already laid judgement on his/her ability to run a site project.

They can shine all they want, but at a later time. What is going on right now is a joke. There are so many out there right now. If it was done in moderation, with a policy more strict towards how many site projects can be ran at a single time on ocr, as well as a screening on how well the person is organized, then they can go and prove to the world that they are great coordinators.

I am saying that there should be moderation! Do you not understand my simple point that there are way too many site projects out there?

Also, come on, why would I, a "nobody", be trying to put down others and only letting those well established take the leading role as coordinator? Let those that think they can organize one lead, but when the time is right!

Your arguments and points are pointless towards the point that I am trying to make.

EDIT: The reason why I said those guys were the exception was because even though there are many site projects out there, they are so well known that theres will be done far sooner than those ran by our every day joe forumuser. They have the sources to get out a quality project in at least half the time the rest of us do because of how well they are known.

Abadoss don't take this as a personal attack to you. It wasn't meant to be, but the reality is there are way too many projects around so even thinking about starting a new one is just ridiculous. The ones that have been around for a year or more are struggling to find good talent to finish some tracks, even Zircon who has a great influence over all the artists around and has the power to gather the best talent had to do a friggin competition and offer prices to be able to finish the remaining tracks. Think about this for a moment, most of the good remixers are either with their hands full on projects or really don't care anymore about them, so what is left? well take a look at the latests projects that have sprouted around and you will see. Isn't the purpose of this to make a homage to the originals, to make what was an awesome soundtrack(even one such as this, which is one of the best and more popular around) even better by using the talent of experienced artists?thinking about a new project when most of the GOOD talent around won't really care or won't be able to is a waste of a good oportunity.

I'm with arek on this one. There should be a limit of projects going on at the same time, and the aspiring organizers should present a solid lineup of people willing to collaborate, and maybe even they should have solid credentials of their time on the site, and maybe even have some musical talent themselves. Otherwise, it's a waste of a good opportunity to make something awesome.

You made this thread to ask if it was possible, and we're giving you our point of view. And honestly I don't think it's the time.

If you really want to work in a project, why don't you help the ones already created? You should be more useful here or there; they need mixers. And a better usage of your skills could be applied on those projects I mentioned, instead of creating new ones.

This site has many projects around and new ones will be even annoying. Most of the new projects created will certainly die or fall in riot. And as already mentioned, I also think this is not the time.

I am in agreement: forums should have a limitation of projects floating around.