MnP 96: Super Castlevania 4 - Forest of Monsters *RESURRECTED*

HoboKa

Congrats to Dex for coming in first place, and thanks to everyone for their entries and comments! :D

I've gotta echo Dex's comments on your bonus entry, HoboKa - I loved those drums! :)

---

As for mine:

I kind of figured that I was really stretching rule #2 for MnP (slowing it down from 198 to 120 BPM), but I thought why not give it a go anyway. Still, I'm glad you all enjoyed it, and it was even compared to Metroid Prime's soundtrack. Heck, that alone made me ecstatic! So, thanks for the comments, Dextastic and HoboKa!

Dex, you mentioned that you liked that echoing lead - if you have the Synth1 VST, check out Alfmeister's Magic Cracker soundbank (it's an 80s synth soundbank) - it's called Dreamer's Delight MW. The bass was from the Gecko Soundbank, and it was called Breakin' Bass.

---

Once again, I enjoyed all of the entries this round, and I'm looking forward to the next. :D

12 hours ago, Dextastic said:

What were your drums, by the way?

Still Damage Drums.  There is a wide variety of ways you can get awesome sounds from that massive package.  From full loops, partial loops and fully adaptable kits - I wish my other sound libraries were as diverse as Damage.  One of these days, right?  Anyways, thx for comments guys.  I shall be posting Dex's source pick momentarily. 

11 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Still Damage Drums.  There is a wide variety of ways you can get awesome sounds from that massive package.  From full loops, partial loops and fully adaptable kits - I wish my other sound libraries were as diverse as Damage.  One of these days, right?  Anyways, thx for comments guys.  I shall be posting Dex's source pick momentarily. 

I first heard about Damage a while back and I was thinking maybe I would pick it up eventually to add the occasional epic rumbly hit to my tracks. I had no idea it was so diverse. I'll have to look into it more.

7 hours ago, Dextastic said:

I first heard about Damage a while back and I was thinking maybe I would pick it up eventually to add the occasional epic rumbly hit to my tracks. I had no idea it was so diverse. I'll have to look into it more.

They marketed it a bit weirdly.  Takes some getting used to, but once you fart around enough, boy, can you craft some cool stuff  - and at minimal effort lol (as in, minimal effort once you know the ropes).  No keyswitches required :P