*NO* Final Fantasy 5 'Remember'

djpretzel

post this mix?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. post this mix?

Hey Pretzel and OC Judges,

I don't know if you remember from my ahem..Roger Rabbit remix(which I

abandoned) well I've got a new one. I'm sure its better than the Roger

Rabbit one...Lets just forget it ever happened.

Well here is the Info on the Song :

Game : Final Fantasy 5

Original Composer : Nobuo Uematsu

Remixer : Gman

Well that's all hope you like the mix. And if You/the judges don't recognize

the song from anywhere in the game, the title of the song is nostalgia.

Thanks

Gman

This is one song I never expected to be remixed, but I think it's remixed well here. My only complaints are the samples, specifically the tinny string-like sound that starts it off and runs throughout the mix. But I think overall it gets a "yes" frpom me.

BTW, don't ever forget the rabbit one. We all make mixes that don't turn out as well as we would have hoped. I personally made an all-strings arrangement of Castle Baron that was universally hated. But what's the better thing to do - forget it happened, or learn from it?

I recognise that string sound, it's from a fruity plug-in. I like the string sounds, but it could have used just a touch of reverb.

Nice arrangement, I like the way that all the different elements of the song bind together nicely. I like the ending, with that phase effect. Or is that a flanger?

Yes.

Oh, I believe that's the "Plucked" plugin for Fruity, Malcos.

Nothing overly remarkable, basic "techno" stuff, the panning is well used, percussion is pretty good too.

Not a fan of the samples, especially the sample that starts at ~1:40, and I don't care for the way it ends either.

Unfortunately, I really don't like the samples, and I think that with some better samples this could be a great mix.

Gotta change up the Plucked plugin for something better, and the high/med strings throughout most of the mix could sound a lot better.

And that flute(?) has gotta go.

Sorry, but No. Some sample switching will make this mix a ton better.

I was all set, ready to reply and ask rob1 what the hell he was talking about. I was about to chew him out and say "What do you mean 'new samples'?"

That's when the flute started.

Sorry rob1... :(

Gman, this is much better than the Roger Rabbit mix. But like orky said, never forget it. It keeps you humble. Plus it was good practice.

I like this arrangement. I've never played FFV, so hearing the theme brand new in techno fashion also has a great deal to do with it. However...that flute sample? Gotta go. The strings sound fine to me. But the flute :evil: I grit my teeth everytime it comes in. That's not me being a cynical asshole. That's an accurate automatic response. I'm really gritting my teeth. Try to find a smoother flute sample. Not only is the current one too choppy, but it's flat sounding (although I don't know if there's much you can really do to help that, short of sampling a real flute yourself)

You might also want to add a steady bassline from 0:48 - 1:28 and again from 2:09 - 2:36 to give your mix a little more depth. For now, I'm gonna have to say no.

• 3 weeks later...