Zelda 2: Adventure Of Link (not another) Temple cover/remix

Velkku

Hiya!

Another Temple theme cover!? Well, yes :grin:

I made a cover of this like ten years ago and shared it to ScrewAttack g1 submission thing or whatever. It sucked hard, but it was the best I could do at the time. So when I started getting serious about the video game remixing/covering (btw, which is it!?) I wanted to do this again to show myself how I have improved... and I have, if I say it so myself.

Got a bit side tracked on the end riffing, but I thought it needed some heavy dropped D twanging release!

Have a lovely day y'all!

Original tune:

Edited by VelkkuEvilBastard
Effed up the title of the post. It's OF, not IF :D

• 6 months later...

There's something about the main drum tone & timing that make it sound programmed, but I could be wrong on them being sequenced; it was a criticism I also had with your Castlevania mix that I evaluated, but overall they sound solid, so it's a relatively small issue. The ending at 3:04 was trite and sudden for me, but we'll live.

Good arrangement work again; indeed conservative, but eventually incorporating original composition and more interpretive treatment of the theme to compliment the rock cover approach. I don't think the original writing flowed as naturally from the arranged parts, but it wasn't an awful fit; perhaps other people may have opinions on that.

In any case, this sounds fine as is to submit, if you haven't done so already. Let's see what the panel thinks.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have set it to Completed status, indicating that I think your remix is ready to be submitted to the Judges Panel. Congratulations!

If you feel like you still need to work on your track and want more feedback, you can change the prefix back to Work-in-Progress and we'll go through the review process again.

If you decide to submit your track, please change the prefix to Submitted after sending your email. Thank you!