Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2018

DarkeSword

1 hour ago, Arceace said:

No worries man! Life happens

I'll still try to get my submission nice and ready to go. I'd definitely be curious to give your remix a listen if you have any partial ideas leftover! @SuperiorX

Unfortunately nothing ever came together. I had some major writer's block. Believe me, even if I had a hot pile of garbage WIP, I would've turned that in to at least have something :(

I'm excited to hear what you came up with!

I plan on expanding on the arrangement of my 1st round track and touching up some things over the coming weeks, so if there is any kind of final compo release planned, I'll have that for it assuming timing works out.

Looking forward to the upcoming rounds, I still need to leave reviews for the Protomen! Overall what I heard was really good, nice job guys!

I was happy with what I was able to do last round with what time I had available but I definitely felt my mix was a little "safe".  Didn't venture too far outside my comfort zone.  Starphoenix had a more interesting take to me so I threw a vote that way.  Definitely keep it up!

I was a little bummed that I didn't get Flash Man originally but looks like I get a shot at that theme after all.  I'll see what I can muster up this week, considering I'm remixing my first and second picks now.

Congrats to Jam on a track well done, and all the other Protomen that advanced! You guys produced some solid tracks this round, and I look forward to the next! Any additional feedback I can put towards my track for the final release is appreciated (I'll work on the clipping issues, Garpocalypse). Just shoot me a PM, or something.

If anyone has an itch to tackle the Grenade Man theme, let me know. Might be game for a friendly, depending how my schedule shakes out the next week or two. Going to dive into Round 3's entries this weekend and leave reviews.

Subbed. 

If I can say anything about this track is that it probably won't be confused with my greatest work ever. :/ Life hit hard this week and I had to rush to get something in. 

I did however recently acquire UVI's Emulator II Rompler, which is my favorite 80's workstation, and did the entire remix exclusively with it (except for the drums).   

(Sigh) sorry guys, I hate that it has come to this, but I'll be needing to drop out of this round. Life stuff happened, and there was literally no time that I could have spent to work on my remix.

If I had a WIP, I'd absolutely submit it if I could, but I simply didn't have the time available to work on something. 

Sorry again, especially to @Mak Eightman. I've been listening to your stuff, and I definitely think you would have won this round based on your previous entries! 

Maybe when I start to have more free time again, I'll try to come up with a remix for our two themes as a fun side project. 

7 hours ago, Arceace said:

(Sigh) sorry guys, I hate that it has come to this, but I'll be needing to drop out of this round. Life stuff happened, and there was literally no time that I could have spent to work on my remix.

If I had a WIP, I'd absolutely submit it if I could, but I simply didn't have the time available to work on something. 

Sorry again, especially to @Mak Eightman. I've been listening to your stuff, and I definitely think you would have won this round based on your previous entries! 

Maybe when I start to have more free time again, I'll try to come up with a remix for our two themes as a fun side project. 

Not fair. "Drunk Man" was made in one day and I wasn't much sober. So find 1-2 hours to make something please.

4 hours ago, Arceace said:

Oh snap, I didn't realize that I still had more time!

I threw something together last-minute and sent it in just in case there's still time left. It's definitely going to sound rushed and under-developed, but it's better than nothing! haha

Ha. I forgot i have only gutars and bass recorded under metronome. I need to write some synths and drums today

On 9/22/2018 at 8:52 AM, Mak Eightman said:

I guess it's overall lack of interest. 20+ ppl voted in first round, last one was 10+

Certainly less lively than a lot of the competitions I've been part of in past years.  But, there's still been some cool music being cooked up.  Start of the school year is tricky for some people, on top of the fact that 1 week to produce a track isn't the simplest task.  Had a windstorm this past weekend myself so some of my music time has slipped away dealing with that.  But I'm doing my best to get something in by Wednesday night for sure.  I'm hoping @Garpocalypse is cooking something cool up, us both being uncontested last round was a little unfortunate.  I've been in several of the compos with you but I don't think I've ever directly faced you before :P