Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2018

DarkeSword

4 hours ago, Jamphibious said:

Certainly less lively than a lot of the competitions I've been part of in past years.  But, there's still been some cool music being cooked up.  Start of the school year is tricky for some people, on top of the fact that 1 week to produce a track isn't the simplest task.  Had a windstorm this past weekend myself so some of my music time has slipped away dealing with that.  But I'm doing my best to get something in by Wednesday night for sure.  I'm hoping @Garpocalypse is cooking something cool up, us both being uncontested last round was a little unfortunate.  I've been in several of the compos with you but I don't think I've ever directly faced you before :P

Yea I was really looking forward to this match up with you since it was these compos that made me a fan of yours in the first place. Got something special planned for this round.

...Here's hoping it all comes together. :]

On 9/24/2018 at 10:25 PM, DarkeSword said:

Next compo I do I think we'll two-week mixing rounds, or maybe 10-day mixing rounds (as to encompass two weekends) and a shorter voting period.

Any effort that can be made to keep things on a consistent schedule would be greatly appreciated too! For example, mixing rounds will always begin on the same day, music due the same day, etc. I know it can be hard and things come up, but when I join these things I try to plan out my schedule around knowing when music will be due, how much time I have, etc.

In other news, I really enjoyed the round 4 & 5 songs. Really great stuff! I'll leave some comments in the voting thread.

Well, I'm leaving this battle with honor. I've lost to one of the greatest piano performance, i've heard in awhile. Thank you @Arceace!

Actually I didn't expect I get so far. Still, mostly because of self dropped competitors.
Too bad. 

Thank you everybody for your music and effort! You all are great!  

On 9/18/2018 at 3:36 AM, Arceace said:

I've been listening to your stuff, and I definitely think you would have won this round based on your previous entries! 

Surprise!! :mrgreen:

P.S. MM Competition curse still works on me. I have a new job. And it look like I'll be vanished for another 3-5 years.. Nice:???:

P.P.S. Next time @Garpocalypse, another 3 years later I guess.

22 minutes ago, Mak Eightman said:

Well, I'm leaving this battle with honor. I've lost to one of the greatest piano performance, i've heard in awhile. Thank you @Arceace!

Actually I didn't expect I get so far. Still, mostly because of self dropped competitors.
Too bad. 

Thank you everybody for your music and effort! You all are great!  

Surprise!! :mrgreen:

P.S. MM Competition curse still works on me. I have a new job. And it look like I'll be vanished for another 3-5 years.. Nice:???:

P.P.S. Next time @Garpocalypse, another 3 years later I guess.

Mak noooooooooooo!

You just had to push arceace to get something in didn't ya? :]  

I kid, arceace did some solid work and there's no way I'm getting through  this jamphib match up unscathed... looking forward to the round getting posted.

Just don't disappear for 3-5 years again. We gotta do a jet moto or twisted metal remix at some point.  

Hey guys! If you don't remember me, I'm one of the ones who had to drop out of the compo because school just started. I was able to catch the voting for the last round and I listened to some of the earlier songs, and I have to say that all you guys are really talented. I wouldn't have stood a chance! Good job to all of you!

you're an amazing @Garpocalypse everyone is great, but I'm a big fan of your style especially if you mix, I have all your remix, and I would love to have more of that, and every composition created in this competition makes me very happy, I'm sure we will have something incredible again in this great final, I have been with you since 2015 and almost every day I listen to a remix made by you, my vote is yours, and congratulations to all who participated are all incredible and deserve much more! Love so much this competion !!!

8 hours ago, Garpocalypse said:

@DarkeSword How about if we up the stakes for the last round of this competition?  I think it's only fitting that the competition director should grant whatever wish the winner desires amiright?

1516488906165.gif

If I win I get to take your place as guest judge for a month.  

That's an interesting idea.

No.

1 hour ago, DarkeSword said:

That's an interesting idea.

No.

Bruh.

He's offering to do the work you do on the panel for a whole month, without compensation. It's like offering to give you a vacation for free.

Do it, it'd be hilarious.

Until DjP got mad at us randomly trying to grant judge privileges behind his back, anyway.