Legend of Zelda Main Theme // Deffo Deffo Remix

Glejs

I started working on this remix a few months ago, been on ice since then until this weekend. Damn it was a long time ago I could finish a song in just 2 days. So what do you think? Would it be something for the OCR community? Everyone loves the Zelda melodies, right? <3

//Glejs

Edited by Glejs
Changed prefix.

1 hour ago, Chadlee said:

I don't know about the OCR stuff but @ 1:42 is that another game theme you mixed in? Either way I like the use of the filters and phasers etc. 

@ChadleeIt's not another game, I just added a little twist by making changes mainly to the bass tones. I always try to implement stuff like this in my remixes, breaking away from the original patterns. :)

Nice to hear you liked it man, thanks for giving it a try! 

For the first minute and a half it just sounded like a nice cover, but your interpretation of the timeless melody in the mid zone (that 1:42 and such) was a pleasant surprise. Almost wish it went on longer, or was revisited for the outro or something. On top of all that, I think you've got a pretty balanced little opus here. Bold and crisp beats along with the synthy goodness.

I really like it.  The section from around 1:42 on with the added melodic stuff is REALLY cool, but for some constructive criticism, I feel that the hi-hats throw that part off a bit.  I'm trying to find the best way to communicate what I'm hearing.... it's maybe a little too empty?  Like I feel like it could use a quieter, but more steady hi-hat underneath the pattern you are using. The pattern itself is fine I think but it's a little jarring with nothing else going on.  Idk, maybe someone else is hearing what I'm hearing and can describe more accurately.  

Great remix!  

On 8/21/2018 at 8:23 PM, FUSION42 said:

I really like it.  The section from around 1:42 on with the added melodic stuff is REALLY cool, but for some constructive criticism, I feel that the hi-hats throw that part off a bit.  I'm trying to find the best way to communicate what I'm hearing.... it's maybe a little too empty?  Like I feel like it could use a quieter, but more steady hi-hat underneath the pattern you are using. The pattern itself is fine I think but it's a little jarring with nothing else going on.  Idk, maybe someone else is hearing what I'm hearing and can describe more accurately.  

Great remix!  

@FUSION42 Thanks for listening, and for your ideas! I wanted to keep the mid-section simple, but I did hesitate a lot about the build up of it being a little bit too long. Perhaps leaving the listener wanting more stuff to happen before everything goes back to the main melody line.. Might feel a bit unsatisfying, or like a good tease.. Good to know you like it anyhow! :)