Streets of Rage 4

AngelCityOutlaw

This is way, way too heavy on the magical motion-blur / special effects.  At its best, Streets of Rage is, to me, aesthetically gritty and dry and satisfyingly plain.  Just bare hands and raw weapons being used in physically realistic ways with fairly clean combat frames.

We can at least be fortunate that it's true to its side-scrolling predecessors.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Mak Eightman said:

I have to say.. New characters suck and ridiculous

Yea but...look.

They have an ELevAt0r LevELl!!

100% faithful to the series, going to be awesome. So hype. So. Freaking. Hype. 

Can't shake this Street fighter 4 gameplay vibe I see so much of in this trailer though. Juggle combos in Streets of Rage?  But as long as the lead pipe hits are as satisfying as they were in SOR2 I know I'll be happy. :]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If anyone was curious about Streets of Rage 4, here's my general impression. Has a lot in common with Double Dragon Neon. Gameplay in SoR4 is a faster with much more comboing and such and thus has the edge on gameplay, but DDN is better in terms of graphics/music/design (imho) due to really leaning into the inherent cheese factor. Single run of the story mode with a second player on normal will take about 1.5-2hrs

Not that you can’t find gameplay video of it just about anywhere else, but I streamed a gameplay session of it that I did with a friend over Parsec: