OCR03782 - Final Fantasy IV (DS) & VI "Progressive Memory"

Liontamer

This is really beautiful, I love it! I especially appreciate the small effects such as what I assume is some kind of rolling ball effect applied in the beginning and the ending. And the seamless mix of several electronic genres, and the intricate sounddesign and the overall atmosphere and the harmonic progressions and instrumentation and everything is basically just great. 

1 hour ago, Bowlerhat said:

This is really beautiful, I love it! I especially appreciate the small effects such as what I assume is some kind of rolling ball effect applied in the beginning and the ending. And the seamless mix of several electronic genres, and the intricate sounddesign and the overall atmosphere and the harmonic progressions and instrumentation and everything is basically just great. 

Thank you, I really appreciate it! That was a tibetan bowl sound from Omnisphere. I think it was "Tibetan Bowls Shaking Doppler".

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic mix, very relaxing! Very nice job of blending the two popular themes.

I have to take issue with it being classified under FFIV, though. The only FFIV source is Prelude, which of course is one of the most frequently recurring themes in the FF series. In particular, the FFIV version of Prelude is, on a fairly basic level (i.e. ignoring specific instrumentation, soundfonts, etc.), musically identical to the versions of it from FFV, FFVII, FFIX, and, relevant to this mix, FFVI. In other words, I don't get what makes this an FFIV/FFVI mix (classified primarily under FFIV), and not just a straight FFVI mix. I felt like Terra was more prominent than Prelude anyway.....

But enough of me being a stickler for classification. Great job on this gorgeous mix, timaeus!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 8:55 AM, Ybrik Metaknight said:

Fantastic mix, very relaxing! Very nice job of blending the two popular themes.

I have to take issue with it being classified under FFIV, though. The only FFIV source is Prelude, which of course is one of the most frequently recurring themes in the FF series. In particular, the FFIV version of Prelude is, on a fairly basic level (i.e. ignoring specific instrumentation, soundfonts, etc.), musically identical to the versions of it from FFV, FFVII, FFIX, and, relevant to this mix, FFVI. In other words, I don't get what makes this an FFIV/FFVI mix (classified primarily under FFIV), and not just a straight FFVI mix. I felt like Terra was more prominent than Prelude anyway.....

But enough of me being a stickler for classification. Great job on this gorgeous mix, timaeus!

Yeah, I hear you; I chose FF4's prelude because it had the main melody that I have on the strings here. IIRC, I could have chosen FF1's prelude instead and it would have been basically the same.

Thanks all the same! This is one of my personal favorites of mine.