[GRMRB] [2018] Round 3 - Mega Man Bracket

DarkeSword

Round 3 - Mega Man Bracket  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Crash Man vs. Fire Man

• Mak Eightman - Drunk Man (Fire Man vs. Crash Man)
    • Ridiculously Garrett - Crashed a House Party on Fire (Crash Man vs. Fire Man)

This poll is closed to new votes

The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle

Voting for Round 3 has begun. The matchups are as follows:

Remixer and Source VS Remixer and Source
Arceace - Air Man vs SuperiorX - Ground Man
Mak Eightman - Fire Man vs Ridiculously Garret - Crash Man

Download the remixes from Round 3

SuperiorX dropped out of the round, so voting is only required for one matchup.

• The most important thing to consider when voting is how well the remix incorporates and arranges both themes. Production and enjoyability should also be considered, but this is primarily an arrangement competition.
  • Everyone is allowed (and encouraged) to vote, including competitors.
  • Everyone must adhere to the Competitions Code of Conduct.

Please use this thread for remix reviews and feedback!

I'm amazed no one titled their mix "Crash and Burn."

• SEGA MAN: I'm not personally a fan of Sonic music, but I love the conceit here.  It kind of lost focus halfway through, though.
  • Drunk Man: There are so many clever ideas here, it's actually kind of disappointing that the arrangement rushes through them all without letting any of them shine.  I'd kill for vocals.  The performance and production have the usual Eightman polish, I just wish the arrangement was a little more cohesive.
  • Crashed a House Party on Fire: Also a very clever arrangement, but the soundscape isn't as tight.  It's pretty thin, and that sidechain is overkill.  It does sound much more carefully planned out, though, and the two sources are played well off each other.  It's an unpolished piece, but I think it hits the compo brief well.

SEGA MAN: Cool stuff. Sources heard well. Clean production. Very enjoyble track, but not my playlist. Tastes..  

Drunk Man: Nice soundscape and overall wibe. Some timing issues. Sources used kinda wierd. Can't recogniaze em if i'm not trying. At the end everything sounds kinda unfinished. I have a feeling that frazes are cut somehow. Cool track, but sources not used well.

Crashed a House Party on Fire: Very intersting ideas here and there, sources recognisible at the first listen, which is good. Production is off. Too thin and empty. I want to hear some more instruments fore some reasone. Can't say I enjoyed your track. Kinda abrupt or something. Anyway, comparing to your opponent(me:)) your track fits the competition rules better, so technicaly you win. Take my vote!

I enjoyed Mak Eightman's track a lot, though I did struggle in some areas to find the source. It's a much more enjoyable mix to listen to, I think. Good job on this round!

I enjoyed Arceace's track a lot, it's a bummer that his opponent dropped out this round. There's always next time! But, good job, I really enjoyed all the filtering stuff and what not, and I also found myself enjoying that sax sample oddly enough.

Very busy week so this is going to be a more subdued series of Rage Reviews for this round. 

SEGA MAN: Couldn't get more 1994 if you tried. Awesome remix. My only problem with the mix as a whole is that it ends.  Bonus points for the sampled MJ voices throughout the groove. 

DRUNK MAN: You're right the fraises are weird but in a good way. :) Awesome solo at the end. 

Crashed a House Party on Fire: I'm probably not the best one to comment on this mix as I'm not overly into the heavily sidechained house music styles but the clash of very very competent human piano playing against the rest of the soundscape took some getting used to the first few listens. Nice ritardando at the end.  Good work!