TURBODRIFT : A Mario Kart ReMix Album.

AxLR

==TURBODRIFT=

POLL IS OPEN FOR RAINBOW ROAD THEME REMIX !

==INTRODUCTION==

TURBODRIFT is a Mario Kart ReMix Album project, consisting of 4 sets of 4 ReMixes, separated by 4 voice tracks introducing each set. Which puts us to 20 tracks.

Each set is considered like a 'cup', there is 4 of them : "Mushroom Cup", "Shell Cup", "Banana Cup" and "Star Cup".

==CREATING THE ALBUM==

♫♪ This album is under some restrictions that MUST be respected so that we can live all together in peace. ♫♪

First, There is some rules regarding each cup:

• There is only one ReMix of any "Mario Circuit" VGM from any MK game available and it MUST be on the "Mushroom Cup" set.
  • There is only one ReMix of any "Bowser Castle" VGM from any MK game available and it MUST be the last track on the "Banana Cup" set.
  • There is only one ReMix of any "Rainbow Road" VGM from any MK game available and it MUST be the last track on the "Star Cup" set. However, the theme will be publicly voted and imposed to the ReMixer who choose this track. (Vote has ended on October 10th 2018 - Super Mario Kart Rainbow Road has been voted.)
  • Each track must remix a different circuit theme, and not a different version. (To prevent SMK madness from the sets)
    Ex: If Donut Plains 1 is picked, there cannot be any Donut Plains 2 ReMix in the album. Location on sets will be decided between ReMixers.
  • (Optional but prefered) Each Set should contain 4 different remixes, from drastically different circuits. This is not mandatory but it ads to the album's dynamic.

You can pick any track from any MK game you want as long as it fits the rules here, it's first come first serve, make sure to write down your choice on this thread so that everybody can see it.

==RECRUITMENT==

This album needs a total of 16 ReMixers, a voice actor and an illustrator.

10 Places remaining for the remixers.

ReMixers :

Awaiting position :

• ---

Mushroom Cup:

• [Mario Kart 8 - Sunshine Airport] StarPhoenix
  • [] ---
  • [ xxx - Mario Circuit] Collab'
  • [] ---

Shell Cup :

• [ Mario Kart 64 - Koopa Troopa Island ] Ridiculously Garrett
  • [ Mario Kart 64 - Sherbet Land ] Ronald Poe
  • [] ---
  • [] ---

Banana Cup :

• [Super Mario Kart - Donut Plains] Smittenden
  • [] ---
  • [] ---
  • [Super Mario Kart - Bowser Castle] TheChargingRhino

Star Cup :

• [] ---
  • [] ---
  • [] ---
  • [Super Mario Kart - Rainbow Road] Gario

Voice Actor :

•  ---

Illustrator :

•  ---

The rule is: First come, First serve, so be fast before there is no more room. I'll be checking, but I'll be noting in the order of the responses in this thread. No PM, no mail or something, just reply that you're in and what circuit you're going to ReMix.

If you want to do voice acting, send me a PM, I'll give you some instructions to see if you fit the role, and we'll see what we do.

If you reply just after another member with the same track, you are in, but you'll be asked to change your source. If you don't choose a source, you'll not be considered as participating, so  don't forget to choose a source.

==DEADLINE==

FINAL DEADLINE IS FOR SATURDAY APRIL 20th 2019 - 12:59 PM CEST [ 05:59 PM EST]

• Inscriptions deadline is for Thursday January 31st 2019 - 12:59 PM CEST [ 05:59 PM EST]
  • Submission deadline is for Thursday February 28th 2019 - 12:59 PM CEST [ 05:59 PM EST]

Deadlines were extended, due to a lack of participants.

EDIT : Received confirmation, Bowser's Castle is taken then.

Btw: I think MKSC RR is definitely underrated, And Underremixed too. Don't mean to influence votes but I'm just sayin' :V
 (Thisisajokechoosetheoneyouwanttoseethemostinthealbumdon'tbethatguythatisinfluencedoveranythinggeezseriouslycan'targuewithyouyou'renotfunnyifit'slikethatI'llsuicidethengoodbyecruelworldnopegotchayoureallythinkIwoulddothatit'scompletelystupidlookIdidputsecurityonthisgunsoIcanpullthetri-)

Edited by AxLR
Well read and you'll see.

Thanks. I use Fruity Loops so we'll see what I come up with.

Do you also want a Discord server for this?

EDIT: I guess my genre is rock/synth? Maybe? Problem is going to be getting the instrument level (so the drums don't drown out everything else)

Oh well, I send'll you the wip and we go from there. I've got this cool bass line already.

I'm on FL Studio too, so it's quite convenient.
I can help you in mastering the track, you'll just have to send me the .flp file.
I'll send you one back and you'll tell me if it's okay to you or not.

I think Discord would be good, but since we aren't on the same time system we'd never be all together online (I'm taking account of the fact that people have things to do outside of OCR)
But why not try?

Rock/Synth is quite a perfect fit for BC, and I'll be quite dynamic for the album, so I'm rootin' for you ^^

29 minutes ago, AxLR said:

I'm on FL Studio too, so it's quite convenient.
I can help you in mastering the track, you'll just have to send me the .flp file.
I'll send you one back and you'll tell me if it's okay to you or not.

I think Discord would be good, but since we aren't on the same time system we'd never be all together online (I'm taking account of the fact that people have things to do outside of OCR)
But why not try?

Rock/Synth is quite a perfect fit for BC, and I'll be quite dynamic for the album, so I'm rootin' for you ^^

Awesome. 

Yeah, might as well try to make a Discord server for this, why not?

And thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll let you choose your source, for me it's pretty clear that it's gonna be SMK RR so yeah but since there is 7 days left I'm not locking you up just in case.
I'll send you a link to our discord, so that you can start being part of the project.

Inscriptions are going slowly, I'll see how it goes but I might get an entry myself, depending on how active this thread will be.

EDIT : Still on for inscriptions, do not hesitate to PM me if interested, Mario Kart is a fun game y'know.