would a kickstarter get me in trouble for An ff15 audio Drama?

GSO

would a kickstarter get me in trouble for An ff15 audio Drama? if I state it something like this: this kickstarter is for a Fan Fiction(underline fanfiction) of final fantasy 15. and all of the money would go for these three to four things: 1. paying VAs, script writers, audio people singers visual artists etc./licensing fees so we can make Free Physical copies of the audio drama(to have people give out at conventions like magfest Pax east etc.) 2. paying for printing costs of said Physical copies. 3. shipping! what do you guys think?(I'm for now just kind of worried about using ff15 properties. I talked to the fan fic author and she Loves this idea of an audio drama: https://archiveofourown.org/users/quantum_leek I'll make sure to run the kickstarter Idea by her though.) 

2 hours ago, AngelCityOutlaw said:

Ask the people who did the "Balance and Ruin" album

Chris means @zircon & @djpretzel in this case. I think they've gone over it to some extent here on the forums, but I don't remember where. That said, even if you didn't use/reference the music of FF15, Catherine, just invoking it for use in an audio drama Kickstarter means you'd need their legal department's blessing, just like @MindWanderer mentioned. And you're most likely not going to get that. The reason djp & zircon's situation turned out differently is because djp knows several lawyers and was able to communicate on their level thanks to their help. If you don't have that, you could certainly just do the KS without permission, see it get shut down and HOPE they're willing to engage in a back and forth dialogue with you over at Squenix legal, but that's a very risky and mostly likely fruitless route. Would recommend not attempting that.