[GRMRB] [2018] Round 6 - Proto Man Bracket

DarkeSword

Round 6 - Proto Man Bracket  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Charge Man vs. Tengu Man

• Jamphibious - Recharged (Charge Man vs. Tengu Man)
    • Garpocalypse - Late Night Revelations In The Grotto Of The Raging Jam Frog (Tengu Man vs. Charge Man)

The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle

Voting for Round 6 has begun. The matchups are as follows:

Remixer and Source VS Remixer and Source
Garpocalypse - Tengu Man vs Jamphibious - Charge Man

Download the remixes from Round 6

• The most important thing to consider when voting is how well the remix incorporates and arranges both themes. Production and enjoyability should also be considered, but this is primarily an arrangement competition.
  • Everyone is allowed (and encouraged) to vote, including competitors.
  • Everyone must adhere to the Competitions Code of Conduct.

Please use this thread for remix reviews and feedback!

Wow, wow, wow!!! I absolutely loved both of these songs, it was such a hard vote. @Jamphibious groovy, well-produced, great instrumentation as always! @Garpocalypse daaaaaaamn, I think this is the funkiest thing I've ever heard you make - I loved those dirty synths (that one that first came in at 0:28 was so juicy - another new sound of yours?) and rockin' guitar parts. Hats off to both of you fine gentlemen! :-D

Whoah.. Wait.

What?

Those numbers can't be right. 

This track was my take on new jack swing, which a much younger Garpocalypse was infatuated with back in the day,  and the reception of it seems to be better than I was expecting by far. 

@SuperiorX Almost all of the synth parts utilized UVI's Darklight IIx which is a collection of sounds taken from the classic Fairlight. The patch I think you are referring to was Slap Bass Wah or something along those lines.  I think it sounded frog like enough to title the track based on it.  :)  UVI really has a solid collection of quality stuff in their Vintage Vault. 

@Jamphibious It's too early to be talking rematch already! We still have some votes coming in!  Honestly though I think you did a great track with some more faithful and familiar interpretations of the sources. 

Hats off to both of you. These are two AMAZING tracks that remind me exactly why I was excited to see this competition return!

@Jamphibious The saw stab chords gave off a dark, almost JSR vibe. Production is tight, and both sources are easy to pick out in the arrangement. Absolutely love this track!

@Garpocalypse When the intro kicked in it felt like the opening level to a 90’s arcade beat-em up game. This song has been on repeat the past couple of days!

Cannot really give much in the way of feedback. Voting was very, very difficult. Great job, peeps!