Frets on Fire

Effector

Ok, just for you guys, here's a WIP of my very first FOF song.

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wizards in Winter (remember, to play the song, extract the zip into FOF's data/songs folder.)

So far, only Supaeasy mode is done (I'm following Guitar Hero rules for difficulty here, so it only uses the first three chords.) Ignore the Medium and Amazing settings, I copied Trogdor when I started this, so those notes haven't been deleted yet. I'd like to have Easy done for the next version.

Please let me know how I've done so far.

Ok, just for you guys, here's a WIP of my very first FOF song.

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wizards in Winter (remember, to play the song, extract the zip into FOF's data/songs folder.)

So far, only Supaeasy mode is done (I'm following Guitar Hero rules for difficulty here, so it only uses the first three chords.) Ignore the Medium and Amazing settings, I copied Trogdor when I started this, so those notes haven't been deleted yet. I'd like to have Easy done for the next version.

Please let me know how I've done so far.

Pretty fun, even a bit challenging in some parts.

EvilHorde, you still haven't given me the track yet. I wants it.

Anyway, thinking about how I would fret the song got me wondering. I would love to see a project dedicated to asking guitar remixers and bands such as housethegrate, Snappleman, Vig, Game Over, and so on to provide guitarless tracks of their remixes for the purpose of creating Frets on Fire songs.

The project could be called "OverClocked Hero" or something like that.

I'm from Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania: the home of Groundhog Day. It's a pretty dumb holiday, but I show my support any way I can.

Maybe its a rather strange holiday, but its a great movie! Yay for the 90´s!

But dude; why finnish? Do you have relatives here or something?

Oh right, sorry, back to the topic:

"Hey?! Have you guys heard about this new Frets on Fire game! It kicks ass! I play it MUCH. With keyboards."

EvilHorde, you still haven't given me the track yet. I wants it.

Anyway, thinking about how I would fret the song got me wondering. I would love to see a project dedicated to asking guitar remixers and bands such as housethegrate, Snappleman, Vig, Game Over, and so on to provide guitarless tracks of their remixes for the purpose of creating Frets on Fire songs.

The project could be called "OverClocked Hero" or something like that.

Yes!

On another note, my FoF runs sorta slowly and the songs are all off-sync. Just by a little bit, but enough to be really annoying. Anyone else have the same problem? Any way to fix this?

I also have the 'slightly off sync' problem. Seems like it's worse for certain songs. The notes are played from midi files, no? Maybe there's an issue somewhere with the timing?

Otherwise, it's cool.

I hate how my keyboard has F1-F4 on one row, then F5 after a small gap. Makes those last fret reaches a little annoying...

EvilHorde: No, my family comes from Italy, not Finland. Omega, a UnModder from Finland, told me the word. I just adopted it for my handle.

S-DS and Eon: search the Frets on Fire forums for RF-mod 1.5. It includes tweeks to the game that take up less CPU and options to not animate the backgrounds flames to save memory. It can also turn off song previews to make the menus run better, as well. It can even allow you to organize your songs by putting them into folders. It's the best FoF mod out there.

Eon (again) and spleen: In the options (I think you need to get RF-mod 1.5 too), you can remap the frets from F1-F5 to 1-5. Some people find it easier, but I don't like it because I have to move my hand further up the keyboard.