Final Fantasy X - To Zanarkand

CelestialAeon

• 3 weeks later...

Good stuff! It has a sort of haunting, ethereal quality to it, which sets it apart from other zanarkand remixes I've heard. I'd like to hear you expand upon this a little more and see how far you can take a remix like this. My only criticism is just a little bit of peaking here and there, which may just be because of youtube's video  quality. I honestly wouldn't know.

• 3 months later...

Cool stuff, just too short and underdeveloped to be something that would be approved as a standalone arrangement on OCR, since that's the lens I'm looking at it through in terms of a formal evaluation. The genre adaptation is melodically conservative, but the new instrumentation and subtle changes to the backing writing with the piano went in the right direction. That said, it's ultimately 70 seconds of the source tune and that's not enough substance vis-a-vis the Submission Standards here.

2. We strongly recommend submissions between 2 and 7 minutes in length.

• Anything longer and evaluation may be delayed.
  • Anything shorter OR longer and it's often difficult to feature the original source music prominently & consistently.

If you were at all interested in developing this specifically for submission as an OC ReMix, there would need to be more ideas, variation, and development of the arrangement. For what it is, it's a very good listen, and I thought the original section at the end pieced together nicely with the arrangement of the source.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that you'd like some more feedback, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and I'll review it again! Good luck!