Finale

Armagedon

Sibelius. lulz

Both programs now come with optional stuff that circumvents the need to bring it into a DAW like Cubase. I believe one of them comes with Garritan Personal Orchestra, and the other comes with Quantum Leap Symphonic Orchestra and a Kontakt loader, though I can't remember which ones. They're both pretty freaking fancy, but I'm not comfortable with traditional notation... I prefer hexadecimals now :]

What's the point of your question? Did you just need help with proper spelling?

Heh, ok I see you edited your post. ;)

I'm sure there are some people that do their sequencing in either of those programs and export to something else for the sounds, but.. honestly, if you don't need really extensive notation style sequencing, a DAW like Cubase or Sonar can probably provide you with the sequencing capabilities you need by itself.

ugh...sorry sucks at 12:30 in the morning lol. Plus, I personally don't use those two programs...althoug I mispell Sibelius all the time. I edited it up top btw.

I had just been wondering whether or not people used finale or other notation programs in conjunction with sampling programs and such.

I also should have asked whether or not they prefer them, but it slipped my mind at the time. Anyways, Just wondering because personally I use Finale to write music before sampling with Reason.

ugh...sorry sucks at 12:30 in the morning lol. Plus, I personally don't use those two programs...althoug I mispell Sibelius all the time. I edited it up top btw.

I had just been wondering whether or not people used finale or other notation programs in conjunction with sampling programs and such.

I also should have asked whether or not they prefer them, but it slipped my mind at the time. Anyways, Just wondering because personally I use Finale to write music before sampling with Reason.

Yeah, I can see why you'd want to use something other than Reason for the sequencing, if you're using Reason for the sounds. Reason's sequencer is a bit crap to be honest. I like it, personally, but it's not exactly feature rich. But with something like Cubase, like I said above, I think it'd be a bit of a waste of effort. Unless those two programs give you some functionality that you can't get with Cubase or whatever.

I dont know if this has been asked. I tried to look around for a thread but didnt see anything. If i was just blind i apologize for remaking this thread.

Does anyone use finale or Sibelius to arrange their remixes before moving to like reason or fruity loops?

Yes, that's exactly what I do. I use Finale (lol 2004 edition) to create the MIDI, then bring it into Cubase SX 3. It's just a habit I got into since before Cubase, Finale was all I had.

I do everything on Sibelius, and only do minor tweaks when I export the midi to Reason. Mostly it's just a question of properly working with the instruments in reason, but I try to have a finished presentable score of the music in Sibelius BEFORE I export it.

I also can't really work with a piano roll, I HAVE to look at notes and stuff. Though I have tried it always ends up me writing it on notes to check what I want to do. Too much work for me trying to change it. Lazy companies not wanting to write good notation software for their sequencers. (Cubase's is hilariously bad, sonar's too...)

Also I really recommend anyone serious about composition to sit down and actually write their music outside the computer, because believe it or not the computer actually controls you if you aren't really used to writing stuff outside or having the score in your head previous to writing it.

Loosen up the hand too in the process, so when you do get to the whole "making it sound" you are more in control/sure of what you're doing rather than improvising as you go along.

Just my opinion anyways.