Kirby Super Star - Peanut Plains

WhoAmI?

Hi, thanks for taking the time to listen to my WIP remix in the style of 90s happy hardcore.
Typically songs of this genre feature distorted kick drums, but I chose to go with a clean kick for this one, because I wanted a clean mix with several melodic tracks.

My main worry is that I may have strayed too far from the source material. Also a bit unsure about the length; 3:19 is on the short side.

I plan on replacing the acid:y synth that comes in around 1:28 with a real analog synth, but want to make sure the arrangement is just right before I record it. Edit: done!

Feedback of any kind welcome!

Source:

Here's a track that deserves more love! Your mix, too. I mean, can you really go wrong in taking Kirby music and making it even more sugar-happy-bouncing-all-over-the-place? I would subjectively submit that the answer is no. That said, I enjoy the relatively simple design of this mix: nigh-on frenetic synthiness, the piano that is there just enough to be noticed, and as you set out to do, pretty clean percussion. I don't think this is too far from the source: you could even go further if desired. It's just long enough for me to run out of energy tapping my foot and bobbing my head along to it. I say you, good work on this!