Techno/breaks wip - Hybrid inspired

zircon

I dunno; I don't like this as much as other stuff I've heard from you. It's pretty...basic. I guess a big blow-up part could redeem the intro; your production is spot-on as always, but musically it's rather bland.

On a somewhat related note, that new "Flying Heaven Fei..." track (myspace cuts the song title off) on your myspace is quite awesome. I saw you had the download available yesterday, and now it's not anymore. *kicks himself* I'd imagine that myspace was just acting up as it always does; I had to re-upload nearly all my songs several times to get them to work.

But I digress; I'd like to hear where this one goes.

I dunno; I don't like this as much as other stuff I've heard from you. It's pretty...basic. I guess a big blow-up part could redeem the intro; your production is spot-on as always, but musically it's rather bland.

On a somewhat related note, that new "Flying Heaven Fei..." track (myspace cuts the song title off) on your myspace is quite awesome. I saw you had the download available yesterday, and now it's not anymore. *kicks himself* I'd imagine that myspace was just acting up as it always does; I had to re-upload nearly all my songs several times to get them to work.

But I digress; I'd like to hear where this one goes.

Err you know that Flying Heaven track is an OC ReMix, right? ;)

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01480/

You can enjoy it in all its glory here.

Thanks for the feedback so far, guys.

Hybrid eh?

perhaps add some orchestral flavourings to it? ala wide angle/i choose noise ( which incidentally is an amazing album, all the orchestral music was composed/conducted/orchestrated by Gregson Williams)

The main beat is very Hybrid-esque, but hm..well, basically when i listen to hybrid they have several different types of songs, the most relevant being to this piece the breakbeat styled song and the 4/4 housey stomper.

Examples would be Beachcoma (wide angle) for a breakbeat style and Higher than a skyscraper(Morning Sci-Fi.)for the 4/4 This track's beat is more in the vein of a 4/4 beat, and i think this is just personal preference but i find the more breaky Hybrid tracks to be more pleasing to the ear.

Also your mixes often sound very natural, very analogue in their nature compared to a hybrid mix-down.

Still, i commend you for something which sounds even remotely like Hybrid and retains some zircon awesomeness at the same time, i look forward to whatever updates await.

Hybrid eh?

perhaps add some orchestral flavourings to it? ala wide angle/i choose noise ( which incidentally is an amazing album, all the orchestral music was composed/conducted/orchestrated by Gregson Williams)

The main beat is very Hybrid-esque, but hm..well, basically when i listen to hybrid they have several different types of songs, the most relevant being to this piece the breakbeat styled song and the 4/4 housey stomper.

Examples would be Beachcoma (wide angle) for a breakbeat style and Higher than a skyscraper(Morning Sci-Fi.)for the 4/4 This track's beat is more in the vein of a 4/4 beat, and i think this is just personal preference but i find the more breaky Hybrid tracks to be more pleasing to the ear.

Also your mixes often sound very natural, very analogue in their nature compared to a hybrid mix-down.

Still, i commend you for something which sounds even remotely like Hybrid and retains some zircon awesomeness at the same time, i look forward to whatever updates await.

Yeah, I probably will add a lot more to it. Once again, just a sketch that I did in less than a day. What I was really thinking of was some of their remix work, such as their LA Blackout remix of TCM's "Name of the Game", or their Moby Bodyrock mix, or their remix of BT's "Godspeed". The beat will get more interesting throughout this particular mix, as you might hear towards the end I'm building up the layers ;) As for being analogue-sounding, I take that as a HUGE compliment!!! Thanks.

Miszou; I'm working on more stuff for the intro now. I agree it's pretty sparse right now.

The pad that comes in towards the end is actually Dimension Pro. I do use Absynth periodically but I don't like the interface, and I also don't like most of the presets - too "experimental". The supersaw-style lead is a custom Pro-53 patch and a Dimension Pro one.

I've been working on an update for a bit. It's coming soon.

• 2 weeks later...