Sonic 2 - Chemical Plant Zone

cynicmusic

http://sonic.tcpmusic.com/

You wonder why there's not any good chemical plant remixes? Probably because you simply cannot make this tune any better. I tried anyway though and here's the result (WIP 50% done) Link goes to my flash player click "download song" on the player to download the mp3. Feedback/any ideas for this are appreciated.

Yeah, you relied a lot on the original's samples. Also, the drums sound very "loopish". You need a whole lot more originality in this. Keep it up, though.

I agree, and I also know you can do much better. I guess that's where the 50% done comment came in. You def have lots of good stuff on ur site too. Are you gonna resub ur Lost Marbles Mix?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

If you want my opinion, it's a little boring. It sticks far too close to the original. In fact, it has even less interest than the original - at least the harmonies and such (I liked the lick at the end, though). It could easily be longer. The sounds, although a little cliche, were alright (the sound quality, I understand, isn't good because of Youtube - try hosting the mp3 on one of these sites, next time). The mix itself isn't bad, though - it just doesn't bring anything new to the table.

Please start your own thread about your particular remix, next time. Jacking someone else's thread is very rude and gives the people reading the thread the wrong idea on what it's about.

lol, thanks bLiNd, for the WIP. This thread is now dedicated to all sonic 2 chemical plant zone remixes...

That's only part of your remix, right? It sounds exactly like the original, too (which would be a complaint from me, except I don't know what the rest sounds like... Great sounds, though, as always). I know you've got more than that up your sleeve - post the rest in a new thread so we in the WIP forums can really enjoy it (and may have the slightest possibility to give good feedback). This was only a small sample, you tease. That's just cruel :puppyeyes:.

Hey man, keep it up. This won't fly with the judges, but your mix here is pretty smooth and sounds just as smooth. More originality and content and you've got yourself a pretty good shot.

There aren't a whole lot of chemical plant mixes that I can stand, but your sound is promising.