Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time

CelestialAeon

"Managed" to create? This is a stellar arrangement! Gentle, sweeping, almost longing. It has a timeless (yeah, I know, bad pun) flow that makes almost defies the effort to find where the loop ends and begins. I especially like the gentle bell/chimes for the twinkling effect (yes, I just wrote the words "twinkling effect") and the touch of vocals. Everything is nicely blended together into a nice audio smoothie. An excellent product, I say.

Thank you so much for your kind feedback, so glad to hear you liked it! <3

You bring up a good point in my opinion - when it comes to composing this kind of music I personally think more and more that one of the most important decisions you make is what the instrumentation will be. Often less is more. The more instruments you bring on the table the harder it is to keep the balance in the mix and the end outcome suddenly becomes just weird and hard to listen. Nowadays when I work on a tune, I often decide the instruments first and limit myself by making sure that those will be all there is and nothing extra. In this case I decided beforehand that I will have hang drums, I will have acoustic guitar, I will have piano and I will have some strings and I will have lead vocal and lead cello but that will be the palette and nothing else. Ok, eventually I broke the rule and put some low end with acoustic bass and timpani, but in general I tried to follow the original plan :)