UPS question

linkspast

I got a quick question about ups.

If I got an email saying I have to be 21 to sign for a package but cant what should I do?

I am 18 and the web site said nothing about being 21 to purchase.

I am wondering if the delivery guy will just leave it there if no one signs, or if he will take it back?

Maybe this belongs in the Help/noob thread.

I used to work for FedEx. The only time you really have to worry about it is if it's alcohol or any kind of medication. That's the only time we ever asked for ID. Sometimes we delivered it anyway. He or she should just let you sign their scanner, and take off. They don't have time to be picky this time of year. It's crazy busy right now for them. If you can't be there, and it's not "signature required", then leave a note taped on the door that cannot be seen from the street. Just make sure the driver can see it when they walk up to knock. They'll leave it if you ask, as long as it doesn't require a sig.

I got a quick question about ups.

If I got an email saying I have to be 21 to sign for a package but cant what should I do?

I am 18 and the web site said nothing about being 21 to purchase.

I am wondering if the delivery guy will just leave it there if no one signs, or if he will take it back?

Maybe this belongs in the Help/noob thread.

I used to work for UPS, and I honestly don't think you've much to worry about. I went out on a package car once and the only real thing they do it ask you to sign. That's it. They don't card you or anything, they just ask you to sign.

If you're that afraid, have a parent do it. If not, do it yourself. Besides, it's not like you're receiving some kind of hazardous material, right?

I used to work for FedEx. The only time you really have to worry about it is if it's alcohol or any kind of medication. That's the only time we ever asked for ID. Sometimes we delivered it anyway. He or she should just let you sign their scanner, and take off. They don't have time to be picky this time of year. It's crazy busy right now for them. If you can't be there, and it's not "signature required", then leave a note taped on the door that cannot be seen from the street. Just make sure the driver can see it when they walk up to knock. They'll leave it if you ask, as long as it doesn't require a sig.

Not to sound curt, but yeah, you'll be fine. Thread over.