MnP 99: Elemental Masters - End Credits

HoboKa

Compo: MnP (Meat 'n Potatoes)

MIDI: http://compo.thasauce.net/files/materials/MnP99_Elemental_Master-End_Credits_Ver3.mid

Youtube:

Deadline: Jan 28th Mon @ 1PM

Vote Ends: Jan 31st Thur @ 11PM

Submit your remix Here when completed.

MnP ARCHIVE  made by Trism ;)

MISSION STATEMENT
The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. SOME reinterpretation is recommended, but not required.

MnP Instructions/Guidelines

1. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.
  2. Most or all of the source notes must be present (but not necessarily in the exact same order), secondly the mood (energy, pacing, feelings being conveyed etc) should also be retained. For example, a source tune that is fast-paced and energetic that's remixed into a mellow/chill-out theme would be a hard sell.
  3. If you decide to do a genre swap (i.e. symphonic to techno), make sure that the conditions of #2 are met.
  4. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).
  5. Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry.
  6. Please don't make any comments about people's entries - including your own - until the Voting process is concluded.  BONUS entries are exempt of this rule.
  7. All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct

MISC/TIPS
- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.
- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

Guys, if you are interested, i made a higher quality midi file of the track. It's written in it's original tempo, and was not done using a converter. Use it if you wish, Honestly i think it's much better than the other one, as the original midi file appears it to have some problems. Anyways enjoy!

Link:

https://www.vgmusic.com/file/48d2ac91e03e05c624027d1899c4ebe5.html#disqus_thread

On 1/5/2019 at 4:29 AM, TheVideoGamer said:

Guys, if you are interested, i made a higher quality midi file of the track. It's written in it's original tempo, and was not done using a converter. Use it if you wish, Honestly i think it's much better than the other one, as the original midi file appears it to have some problems. Anyways enjoy!

Link:

https://www.vgmusic.com/file/48d2ac91e03e05c624027d1899c4ebe5.html#disqus_thread

I don't know what changes you made vs the original but I'm just going to use your MIDI for this. :)

7 hours ago, Argle said:

I don't know what changes you made vs the original but I'm just going to use your MIDI for this. :)

There are a few things wrong with the original provided MIDI:

1. The tempo is written at 148bpm, the MIDI that was presented was written at 115bpm. It wasn't on the grid when i loaded it in, so i knew it was converted than done by ear, which isn't the most practical way to sequence MIDI.

2. Instruments were selected at random, instead of the most logical

3. The hi-hat track is a mess.

4. It's a little lacking in areas, and some aspects sound odd.

5. Drums are missing snare and some toms.

6. A bit quiet in some areas, remember the Genesis didn't really have much expression, so a lot of the sounds were mechanical. The closest to expression is the attack on your synth sound.

The original MIDI can be used don't get me wrong, but personally if you really want to achieve a more accurate cover, and less problematic track, my MIDI fixes all the problems.  

Thanks anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Argle said:

Mine's up!  By my calculations this is my first finished game remix of any kind in like 4 years. :shock:

An Argle post!  That takes me back lmao.  Thanks dude :D  (edit) Working on my entry too.  Depending on count, may go as a BONUS.   (edit2).  Yup, we got 3 entries, so I can safely go as a BONUS since we have a voter bonus!

13 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

...I guess so.  Sure.  IDK if its considered bad sport if a host throws his own hat in the ring or not.  I really should make a poll about that if that's OK.  

Hmm I hadn't considered that angle.  Honestly I don't see a problem with it?  I'd be interested to hear other peoples' takes though.

36 minutes ago, Argle said:

Hmm I hadn't considered that angle.  Honestly I don't see a problem with it?  I'd be interested to hear other peoples' takes though.

Whelp.  I subb'd.  I did throw my hat in the ring before for shits and giggles.  So I guess I'll cross this bridge another day.  Maybe next round I'll throw that poll up. 

Welcome to the Voting Stage!

• There are 5 entries this round.
  • There is 1 Bonus entry this round
  • There IS a voter bonus this round.
  • Trism has a vote worth 2x. 
  • Don't vote for Bonus entries please. 
  • Participants may not vote for themselves.  

Vote ends Jan 31 @ 11PM (Thursday)

comments

I'm starting to like this extended round stuff.  Seems to draw more people in.  Guess that's the curse of getting older and having to adult stuff.  Good stuff guys!

Results

• Argle got 1st with 13 points. 
  • Mr. L got 2nd with 11 points. 
  • TheVideoGamer got 3rd with 9 points. 
  • HoboKa got 4th with 7 points.  (glad I participated T_T)
  • Silverpool64 sadly, got 0 points.  But thanks for participating!

Argle PM me the source tune for round 101

Comments

KlevarKoopa/Mr. L - my man!  If you'd voted, you'd have been #1.  Oh well.  Also, for round 100, we're doing something...........................SPECIAL.