Beatles - Martha My Dear

Siamey

http://www.siamey.com/files/martha.mp3

Last night i stayed up till 630 chopping up this song in recycle. i pitched the piano 3 or 4 notes to make it sound cheap, and im still working on chopping the trumpet section from the original (i got a filter working in winamp that lets the trumpet have a solo at some point :) )

anyways, i dont know if ill have a sample of paul singing the chorus and have hiphop lyrics for the verses yet, but we'll see. as of now its still just something im dicking around with.

any feedback/comments/ideas? vocalists?

whatver :P

You can't top pirates of the carribean everyday :wink:

Yeah i'd def say this is out there and pretty darn creative. Who woulda thunk to do the beetles this way, yoko ono? I don't think so. I wanna hear more with the splicing of the vocal sections that was def the best part. Adding in a more reconizable boomin bassline might be be good. But it also might ruin the beetles vibe this has goin on, but then again it could be cool.

Pretty wicked splicing and it has an awesome quirkyness to it but I'm having a hard time digging it too much. Its a nice little diddy but I can't see it as anything past that. However, the engineering of the track is still pretty awesome, everything fits together and those drums are both hilariously compressed yet heavy.

In short, nice work, not a serious full song but hot damn its some wicked sampling with some creative engineering to it.