OCR03938 - *YES* Secret of Mana "Down the Rabite Hole" *PROJECT*

Gario

• Name of game(s) arranged: Secret of Mana
  • Name of arrangement: Down the Rabite Hole
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged: Into the Thick of It
  •  

Other people that helped: Furilas, Marc Papeghin, VGcellomusic, and Jorito

It was on Resonance of the Pure Land; I learned a lot from it and had a really good time. I'm hoping to keep contributing to OC Remix. Hope I did good on the email too. Thank you guys so much.

• 2 months later...

Clearly a huge improvement over the version we originally heard submitted for the album.  Production is mostly clear, just a little mushy when the reverb gets up there.  The leads are suitably emotive now.  Overall it's a creative, engaging approach, and I'm very glad it got another pass.  A worthy addition to the album and to our library.

YES

Rubber stamp so I can move on, but this is excellent. Great energy throughout, and I like following the bassline. The string work was also excellent whether lead or supporting lines. Loved the progressive style of the arrangement. Glad to finally have you officially posted, Lucas; nice work pulling together your team!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2018/02/06 - (2Y) Secret of Mana 'Down the Rabite Hole'

i enjoyed this on Pure Land and i'm enjoying it here. there's some real fun drum work (notably at 1:35) and i really appreciated the exploratory aspects of the arrangement - notably in the instrumentation. i found the live elements to be well-handled and of solidly recorded, and as a whole the production was sufficient so as to not really draw me out of the vibe that was being created.

this doesn't need much commentary from me, really. it's an excellent track.

YES

A progressive arrangement that explores and transforms the original in several different ways while keeping cohesiveness.  There's not much to say about the arrangement other than it's excellent and every part does something that caught my attention and impressed me.  The production is clean for the most part, and the only nitpick I could have with this is how the reverb seemed inconsistent from instrument to instrument, so that made some elements feel a bit disconnected from the mix, but other than that, solid stuff.

YES

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2018/02/06 *YES - TAG* Secret of Mana 'Down the Rabite Hole'
  • Liontamer locked this topic