Sign in to follow this  
Zoda

1. work-in-progress Donkey Kong Country 2 - Forest Interlude (Zoda Remix)

3 posts in this topic

Hello guys,

because Donkey Kong Country 2 is one of my favorite SNES games, i tried to make a remix from my favorite song called "Forest Interlude".

I'm not completly happy with the result, so let me know what u think about it :).

Ooh, I like this new take on Stickerbrush Symphony! I think you've got a good foundation here, the piece flows nicely, your instruments run together smoothly, and it has a consistent feel. The bouts of ornamentation were appreciated as well. Your arrangement is fairly solid all in all, though I suppose one could argue that the baseline and the percussion were a little repetitive. At the same time, It wouldn't be wise to make them too varied, lest it detracts from the melody and such. All in all, you did good, keep at this one!

Wow, this is a really neat idea for a remix! :D I absolutely love the retro-ish/synthwave style you're aiming for, but this track still sounds a bit... quiet, I think? I mean, it definitely reminded me of some of Sir_NutS work, like this track. I guess the beat could be more punchy and... That's it? The rest of instrumentation doesn't bother me that much, but, again, I'm not a musician at all, so I hope you get a bit more useful feedback from someone else :) Keep it up, man, and maybe you could even submit this one at some point, eh? ;)