OCR00026 - Legend of Zelda "Hyrulian"

• 1 month later...

I think there are a few bits in where the main tune is drowned out by the funk a bit, but it's sort of neat to hear such a serious and proud-sounding tune done with a beat like that behind it. You can picture Link swaggering around a bar with babes hooking themselves to his arms. I'm no expert on these things, but it's a fun remix to listen to, and that's the important thing.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

im assuming the title refers to link as being one from hyule

not to be picky, but isnt the term hylian

watever im sure djp knows wat hes talking bout :wink:

btw AWESOME MIX it has found a permanent place on my playlist

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

being the zelda expert I am I'll explain things

IN hyrule there are several races eg. hylians, gorons, zoras, gerudos...

there are many more but these are the ones in concern.

just around the time link was born a great was was being fought between gerudos, hylians, gorons and zoras all fighting over who should hold the triforce. The gerudos began to use evil magic to gain an upper hand and because of this the master sword was forged to deflect all evil and it was also given the power to choose its weilder but no-one was couragous enough to use such a sword so it became disused and eventualy used in the seal to hide the triforce in the sacred realm. links family was killed during this was and link was sent down the river and ended his way in kokori village we're he was brought up as an elf.

peace had came over the land after the hylians brought peace and the king of hyrule was crowned to keep peace, but each race still had its own respective leaders.

ooh seems i got a bit carried away there i could tell you loads more

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

At first listening, this sounds like its going to be soft, then it gets a funky drum beat. Honestly, it took me a few listenings to figure out if I liked it or not and yea, i do. Its diffrent, keeps the original feel of the music whilst expanding on it. The little arabian nights thing that was thrown in at 1:35 sounded good and captured my attention again just as it was starting to fade. Good piece.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I first downloaded this mix ... between '00-'02. I can't remember when. I was in college and was doing random searches for VG remixes (whenever it was it was way before I discovered OCR) and came across this mix. I don't remember the name of the file, but I still have it on a couple mix CD's never knowing to whom to attribute this mix until now.

I was going through all the Zelda mixes I've dl'ed and recognized the beat and flute solo and was like, "Holy crap, it's that funky middle-eastern Zelda mix!" The flute reminds me of the middle east. At first I was stoked that it was actually from OCR and I figured it'd be by an unknown. But right there on the playlist it says "djpretzel". The facilitator of this site has stunned me once again.

So why do I like this mix? The first few times I listened I didn't cuz I couldn't get past the intro. I honestly felt it was kind of lame. But then I listened to it all the way through and discovered it to be quite unique. I think the flute solo is what sells it. It just comes out of nowhere, and as I stated before it gives it kind of an ethnic feel. Somehow the story (or Legend I guess) of the Zelda games became that much more real to me in terms of imagining what it'd look like played out in real life.

So I have no technical praise or anything except to say I like it a lot and it has some good memories attached to it.

DJP, please continue to rock on.

• 3 months later...

I didn't like this song the first time I listened to it. I do like the jazzy flute solo in the middle, but the excess beeping in the background is about to drive me nuts. I like it when it mellows out after the solo, but then it goes right back to the beginning.

• 2 months later...

Okay.... The rest of the song, yeah, it's good, but straight-up pales in comparison to the flute solo, and I haven't heard much past 2:45 'cuz I keep getting bored and jumping back to the flute solo. Hey, DJP, I don't suppose you have a nifty little PDF of the sheet music for that sitting around, do you? ^_^ I'm a flutist and I'd love to be able to play that. So yeah. If you're reading this.... *jumps back to flute solo AGAIN* DOWNLOAD IT NOW! It's badass, and if DJP gets me the sheet music, I will finally be able to prove to the band that flute does indeed kick more ass than tuba. I'll stop typing now, it's distracting me from that AWESOME flute solo.

• 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00026 - Legend of Zelda "Hyrulian"