Video Game Inspired EP

Scheater5

Just under a year ago, I put out an EP called Elements.  It is heavily inspired by video game themes, particularly the SNES-era.  This community will probably quickly recognize a reference to Aquatic Ambiance and Fez's "Memory" in "Distant Shimmer."  Many places in the album are various-degrees-of-obvious references to games.

It's up for pay-what-you-want on BandCamp, and you can even stream the whole thing at my YouTube page. 
https://bcgrahammusic.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48jGHFdvBwo&list=PLUaAz_CylYEngB3owujzfavCSjDsQsjKR&index=1

I'd love some feedback on this album.  Hope you all enjoy.  

Hi, I gave the tracks a quick listen. The heavier parts could use improved production. The choice of drum sounds don't quite have the aggression of the guitar, and the guitar could have more bite to it. The performance sounds fine to me; it's a mixing and sound design issue I'm hearing.

Four Months sounds really down to earth and nice. There's a background noise in the drums, but for a track like that I don't mind it. It just sounds more organic, more alive that way. Might be annoying on headphones though.

The melodies do indeed seem inspired by the snes era. I like that.

Hey Rozovian - I really appreciate you giving the tracks a listen!  

Yea, I am certainly a guitar player, not a producer.  Which, it makes me really happy that you found the performances fine!  I did everything on this EP, and I'm definitely trying to level up my production. Thanks for the feedback, I'll be looking particularly at drum and guitar sounds when I release something new - I have a couple irons in the fire now.