OCR03868 - Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening "While the Wind Fish Sleeps"

Liontamer

Haha, another track from workshop made it here :) I fondly remember listening to this one a lot of times back then, and, of course, remember liking it a lot! Very reminiscent of some Shnabubula's stuff from NES Jams, and that's certainly a good thing. Not the most common blend of components here - bits of jazz, chiptune and whatnot, but, hey, it works. Works very well, for sure :) Very good job, man!

I just want to say, I'm seriously impressed that you managed to include most of my favourite musical genres into one single song, and one which invokes such fond memories of a game that (I'm sorry to say this) I don't have a lot of memory from in general. (These things happen when you grow up with a Sega Genesis, and don't play Link's Awakening until on the Virtual Console... but anyway.)

And also, I for one am glad this took a turn from the sombre tone it apparently was going to have initially, and instead is so light-hearted and fun.

OK. Time to download. And thank you.

• 3 years later...

Did anyone else notice how the warping sound effect in the outro even included the same audio lag that occurs in the original game due to there being too much motion on the screen for the Game Boy to handle?  That definitely hit the nostalgia and attention-to-detail marks for me :-D