OCR03895 - *YES* Hollow Knight "Goldpath"

Gario

• 2 weeks later...

The mixing help shows; it's a little louder and deeper than Rebecca's usual work.  It's very well done.  The one thing I dislike is the drone, which is loud and dnly lets up for about 10 seconds in the middle.  After a couple of listens it gets really grating.  But I don't think it sinks the piece.

YES

On 2/27/2019 at 4:14 PM, MindWanderer said:

The mixing help shows; it's a little louder and deeper than Rebecca's usual work. 

Not sure how much her brother had a hand in this one but it indeed sounds a bit louder and less delicate, neither better or worse, just different.

That aside, this is yet another good piece from Ms. Tripp.  I do think this one is much closer to the original than other submissions in both feel and arrangement, and I think it could've been pushed a bit more on the interpretation side of things, but the original's style closely resembles hers so it would be harder to achieve this.  Either way, I don't have that many gripes, other than the low wind instrument that serves as a backdrop to a large portion of the track, and it kinda gets in the way sometimes, and it just drones on one note for too long.  But overall, solid stuff.

YES

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2018/03/02 - (2Y) Hollow Knight "Goldpath"
  • Chimpazilla changed the title to 2018/03/02 - (3Y) Hollow Knight "Goldpath"
  • Liontamer changed the title to (2018/03/02) *YES - TAG* Hollow Knight "Goldpath"
  • Liontamer locked this topic