Contact Information

Remixer Name: NyxTheShield

Email: 
Email 2: 

Submission Information

Game: Donkey Kong Country
Name of the Arrangement: Blazing Mines
Name of the Source Track: Life in The Mines
Comments: I have always been a fan of DKC and David Wise, being on of my main inspiration to become a videogame composer and producer. After some years, I finally reached a level of production good enough to be able to submit to this site, and what a better way to do so with an arrangement of the original DKC!!!. This is a rock reimagination of the track Life In The Mines. While being in the conservative side, I believe that the changes I made make the track shine in a different way, specially in the solo section. I hope you enjoy it!

This track starts out pretty conservative but it does evolve after a while, and the additions and changes fit extremely well.  I have a few issues with this though, and it's that some aspects of it can get pretty repetitive.  The main rhythm hook is pretty prevalent throughout, and the drums can feel on autopilot after a while.  The production is ok, although the different guitar parts can get cluttered and lost in some of the busy sections.

Overall I think the pros outweigh the cons here and this is an enjoyable track with some solid interpretation that is seamlessly introduced with the original arrangement.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to (2018/03/28) - (1Y) Donkey Kong Country 'Blazing Mines'

Yeah, it doesn't start off as anything more than a well-executed cover, but the riffing that starts at 1:41 is delightful.  Great sound and an excellent performance.

NutS's criticisms are certainly valid.  The backing is certainly repetitive, which makes the overly-loud "thwack" on the kick and snare really stand out.  They also tend to drown out the guitars, which indeed step on each other a fair bit.  But it's nowhere near enough reason to send this back.  Excellent work overall and a worthy post.

YES

Yeah, gonna agree with MindWanderer on the mixing - the drums step all over that guitar, which is especially noticeable when the guitar is adding so much with it's riffing and soloing in the latter portion of the track (really nice work expanding the source like that, by the way). It doesn't sink the track, per se, but for future tracks make sure your drums don't dominate over your guitars like that.

Otherwise, great stuff - a solid representation in the beginning, and some solid interpretation in the latter portion. It's a fine arrangement of a source I personally enjoy quite a bit, so great work!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03876 - *YES* Donkey Kong Country "Blazing Mines"
  • Liontamer locked this topic