Gario

Contact Information
ReMixer name : Reuben6
E-mail: 

Submission Information
Game: [Kirby and the Amazing Mirror]
Name of Arrangement: Ravage the Cabbage
Name of Original Song: Cabbage Cavern

(featuring SubversiveAsset and GameroftheWinds)

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

• 2 weeks later...

Why is this mixed so quietly?  There's over 2.1dB of headroom on it.  I had to turn my volume up quite a bit.

It's a conservative approach, but the reinstrumentation is substantial.  Performances are solid, for the most part, though the accordion is a little awkward at times.  The relentless, static rhythm guitar could stand to be changed up.  2:00-2:57 seems to be identical to 0:04-1:02, other than a few minor performance differences.

I don't think any one thing is necessarily a dealbreaker, but little things add up.  Nearly a third of the arrangement being a repetition is too much for me (25% is about my limit), and that guitar really needs to take a break or do something different on occasion.  Put together, the arrangement drags.  It's not bad but it isn't engaging either.  I'm close on this but I'm coming down on a

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...

That's one swingy source.

The balance on this mix is a bit off.  The stereo guitars seem a bit loud in comparison to everything else when they should just be harmonic support.  The drums are very hard to distinguish especially on crowded sections.  The flute is also very low and even the wah-wah instrument take priority over it.  The performances aren't too bad though.  The arrangement is pretty repetitive.

I think with a re-balancing this should make it, and that's not too hard to do.  I didn't hear anything offensive in regards to the frequencies in the mix, it's pretty clean, but the mix balance of the different tracks is off.  If that's fixed, it has a good chance of getting to the front page.  For now though,

NO (resubmit)

• Sir_NutS changed the title to (2018/03/27) - (2N) Kirby & the Amazing Mirror 'Ravage the Cabbage'

Funky source, love it.

MW really nailed my thoughts on this.  I agree this is mixed on the quiet side and that things need to be balanced better.  The loudest element by far is the rhythm guitar, while the drums get really buried in the background.  Really nice performances on display here, however, and while the arrangement is pretty conservative, I like what you've brought with the nuances of the live performances.

I enjoy this a lot overall and I think it could pass even with just some better balancing (and perhaps some variation on the acoustic guitar).

NO (borderline) resubmit, please

• Liontamer changed the title to *NO* Kirby & the Amazing Mirror 'Ravage the Cabbage'
  • Liontamer pinned this topic