OCR03899 - *YES* Phantasy Star 4 "Sakura Storm" *RESUB*

Gario

Previous Decision

Oioioi

This one's an 8-year old track I thought I had to revisit. Hope it expresses what I meant better than before!

Link 1: 
Link 2: 

In case it saves time:

Original decision: https://ocremix.org/community/topic/24163-no-phantasy-star-4-sakura-storm/

Song arranged: Her Last Breath (source link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61IAHniwWWw)

Mix title: Sakura Storm

And tada

8 years later

Obviously I wasn't around back then to hear your original submission, but you sure know what you're doing now!  It's a gorgeous, clean soundscape with great energy and an exciting mix of electronic and Asian instruments.  Well worth the wait.

YES

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2018/04/29 - (2Y) Phantasy Star 4 'Sakura Storm'

Nice to have something join djp's version of this theme on OCR; I'm so conditioned by Dave's arrangement, that it struck me as odd when I heard the differences in the original song compared to his take, so that just shows how long it's been since I've listened to any of this. :-)

It's been 9 years since I've heard the rejected version of this, so I supposed the old expression fits: "You've come a long way, baby." Great energy, Guilherme; just a totally different animal compared to the source tune.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2018/04/29 - (3Y) Phantasy Star 4 'Sakura Storm'

Looking back at the prior rejection, it seems that the mixing was apparently an issue, as well as a few strange chords. Doesn't seem like there's any of that, now - it's crisp, important elements pop out just right, and the eclectic instrumentation is clicking superbly throughout.

On a separate note, I do love how much different this sounds than the source - whereas one is a melancholy, sobering track, this is upbeat and adventurous. It's always great when OCR tracks can bring such a different light to sources like that, so I'm happy to give this a solid pass along with my colleagues on this one.

Great work!

YES

Edited by Gario

• Liontamer changed the title to (2018/04/29) *YES - TAG* Phantasy Star 4 "Sakura Storm"
  • Liontamer unpinned and locked this topic