Lookin' For Buddies, FF6 Searching for Friends Remix. Would like feedback on work done so far.

I've always liked this tune, and I put together something incorporating two ideas.

Edit 4 25 19 Ok, so this is a rough section/rendition that I have posted at the bottom, I am mainly wondering about the "lead guitar". I don't know if it's up to par...besides that, I don't think the balance is quite right.. I am going to have/already have more than this: I am concerned about elec guitar lead...Thanks!:)

Edit 4 27 19 I'm still wondering about the guitar mentioned above, but this time I have added an acoustic guitar/flute section at the beginning. That is me playing the flute here:) The timing is slightly off at the beginning...I now realize I had different drivers for playback and recording activated while recording the flute, and with baby, I have so little mic time Looking for feedback on this WIP.

My goal is to expand on this idea, lengthen the tune, and have the guitar and flute playing together/question answer each other.

Edited by Audiomancer

Frankly, for being rough, these two versions of yours have quite some promise. I'd go so far to say there's no reason to keep them separated: the more simplistic version could easily serve as an intro or outro, using the top arrangement as a body. In the said version, I liked what you did with some melodic interpretation, but the rest of the instruments will need some variation in there to keep it from being too repetitive. But again, I think you've got the start of something neat here, keep at it!