Keep Going Straight (Streets of Rage 4 Concept Inspired by Stage 1 on sor2)

Yusou

• Yusou changed the title to Keep Going Straight (Streets of Rage 4 Concept Inspired by Stage 1 on sor2)

cool jello bassline. sounds SoR enough, though i'm missing some of the grit that's typically associated with the streets of rage sound. well, you don't have to make it sound like a mega drive, but something in between would be nice. i'm liking the bubbly lead sound, while the detuned synths sound a bit cookie cutter whenever they get loud. not liking the filter settings there.

thinking about it, i think the core quality of the SoR sound is it sounds 'warm', full, even when it's abrasive. that's lacking with some synths here. it's all a bit ravy with the sounds, when it could be more funky, housy, reduced, something.

when only the bubbly lead synth plays with bass and basic drums, it's there. once the mix gets full, it's not that pleasant to listen to at loud volumes.

it's partly a taste thing. i just don't dig some of those sound choices typically unless they're really expertly crafted.

Edited by Nase