Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 - "The Last Sleigh Ride"

MMX - Octopus Tentacle Rape - I mean... LAUNCH OCTOPUS

Youtube:

Deadline: April 20th at 1PM....Uh ignore that link @11001001

Vote Ends: April 23rd at 11PM

Submit your remix Here when completed.

MnP ARCHIVE  made by Trism ;)

MISSION STATEMENT
The goal of Compo:MnP is to promote that "meat and potatoes" conservative approach to remixing: this includes the mood and composition of source tunes. It is up to the remixer to create their own personalization, or to simply give it a sound upgrade. Moreover, the compo is a great opportunity to hone your remixing skills and give video game music the respect that is due. SOME reinterpretation is recommended, but not required.

MnP Instructions/Guidelines

1. Covers and Sound Upgrades are permitted.
  2. Most or all of the source notes must be present (but not necessarily in the exact same order), secondly the mood (energy, pacing, feelings being conveyed etc) should also be retained. For example, a source tune that is fast-paced and energetic that's remixed into a mellow/chill-out theme would be a hard sell.
  3. If you decide to do a genre swap (i.e. symphonic to techno), make sure that the conditions of #2 are met.
  4. Submissions must be at a maximum of 20mb (keeping in step with ThaSauce's file size max).
  5. Only 1 entry per participant. Previous winner cannot participate but can submit a BONUS entry.
  6. Please don't make any comments about people's entries - including your own - until the Voting process is concluded.  BONUS entries are exempt of this rule.
  7. All competitors and voters must adhere to the rules stated within: Competition Code and Conduct

MISC/TIPS
- When picking a source tune, make sure it has a MIDI to make ppl's lives easier.
- In-game sound FX are permitted, so long as they don't comprise the whole track (i.e. replacing entire MIDI tracks with just sfx)

Edited by HoboKa

If it helps, i made an alternative MIDI for Godzilla. I believe Brundeslang said the MIDI was quite hard to arrange, so er yeah...here ya go.

It's now in the actual tempo, includes percussion parts (Or the noise channel), and has everything quantized to the right beat. 

Not that you have to use it or anything. It's there if you need it.

https://www.vgmusic.com/file/eed8035d336f9bfca5f50744cc7f2305.html#disqus_thread

Edited by TheVideoGamer

1 minute ago, Kat said:

Biggest issue with the Godzilla MIDI is was that it's at an astounding 12 BPM. Since it was written at 12 BPM to sound like 160ish BPM it's understandable hard to work with and must have been painful to sequence.

Anyways, I might do something for this round, considering how long it lasts,

Well there ya go then lol.

1 hour ago, Kat said:

Biggest issue with the Godzilla MIDI is was that it's at an astounding 12 BPM. Since it was written at 12 BPM to sound like 160ish BPM it's understandable hard to work with and must have been painful to sequence.

Anyways, I might do something for this round, considering how long it lasts,

All those Godzilla MID's at Vgmusic have that issue. I struggled with the Chidora song before for a PRC (321) but I managed to get a song for that round. I also created and posted an alternative MIDI like TheVideoGamer did for that round. This is mainly the reason why I only pick those Godzilla as a source when I know that it's a multiple source round. Still I think that the music of that game is awesome and deserves an album.

With the MID posted by TheVideoGamer there's only one conclusion for sure for me: I have to enter this round.

Edited by Bundeslang

14 minutes ago, Bundeslang said:

All those Godzilla MID's at Vgmusic have that issue. I struggled with the Chidora song before for a PRC (321) but I managed to get a song for that round. I also created and posted an alternative MIDI like TheVideoGamer did for this round. This is mainly the reason why I only pick those Godzilla as a source when I know that it's a multiple source round. Still I think that the music of that game is awesome and deserves an album.

With the MID posted by TheVideoGamer there's only one conclusion for sure for me: I have to enter this round.

If it needs an album, maybe a request could work to the public. I can't argue it's a really great soundtrack. 

As far as Midi's goes. This one was easy, because it's really melody, bass and a noise channel (Or as i call it, the drums). For me, the earlier the system, for easier it is...honestly, despite the fact that some NES soundtracks can be a pain to transcribe, because of the instrumentation or rhythm. Oh well, the important thing, it's accurate and easier to work with.

Good luck on your entry anyways.

Edited by TheVideoGamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, TheVideoGamer said:

I hope people submit, these are some top quality source picks.

OK, so that's 2 votes for an extension there.  Extension inbound.  We're coming in hot - brace for no-submissions impact!!

Speaking OF votes, luckily no one submitted any yet, so we're good there.

Edited by HoboKa

16 hours ago, HoboKa said:

Any luck with Spin the Wheel?  I've been out of the loop for some time.  Working on project stuff and general health stuff I already ranted about lmao.

It's....er...getting there, but it's been slow, with an average of 0 entrants. PRC and MnP sort of suffer the same to be honest. PRC388 and 389  only had 2 entrants, and while MnP is doing slightly better, MnP101 still only had 3 entries. Again, it's been a slow year, maybe things pick up, who knows, it might be because aren't familiar or anything like that. Oh well, glad your doing ok. 

Edited by TheVideoGamer