EvE Online

ellywu2

A fun job.

Especially if you can manage a small corp/alliance that solely bullshit and can make actual cash by selling timecards :lol:

Think about it, extorting other corp alliances as well as doing specialty mercenary jobs for other corps/alliances makes for good isk that can be enjoyable as well as pay off game time subscription for free. It's just one way though imo that can be enjoyable.

So I tried Eve after reading this thread and convincing my previously WoW-crazed mate (account selling and all) to join me. We both did the tutorial, bitched a bit about some aspects, and agreed that it probably might be fun at some point, but seemed too much of an effort to get into. Subsequently, I deinstalled it.

Next day, he writes me that he had a second session and is now totally into it.

He just wrote me that he's spent the week adjusting to the crazy learning curve and is on a quest to learn the game inside out. The PLEX stuff got his attention, and he certainly has that 'job' mentality regarding MMO's, whereas I was always more about exploring the world and just having fun. Back in '05, I quit playing WoW with him pretty soon as it just seemed too tedious (and soon enough stopped playing altogether anyway).

Anyway, Eve probably has a new longtime subscriber now :P

So I tried Eve after reading this thread and convincing my previously WoW-crazed mate (account selling and all) to join me. We both did the tutorial, bitched a bit about some aspects, and agreed that it probably might be fun at some point, but seemed too much of an effort to get into. Subsequently, I deinstalled it.

Next day, he writes me that he had a second session and is now totally into it.

He just wrote me that he's spent the week adjusting to the crazy learning curve and is on a quest to learn the game inside out. The PLEX stuff got his attention, and he certainly has that 'job' mentality regarding MMO's, whereas I was always more about exploring the world and just having fun. Back in '05, I quit playing WoW with him pretty soon as it just seemed too tedious (and soon enough stopped playing altogether anyway).

Anyway, Eve probably has a new longtime subscriber now :P

Yeah as I mentioned a few posts back, it was that inital learning tutorial that turned me away. I'm hope'n the march 10th patchy will sell me on it. I don't wanna see anymore elves right now :puppyeyes:

It's beginning to look like training up for minmatar ships will be something of a requirement for large fleet exploration teams when venturing into "wormholes"

Especially since -

Caldari Ships = Heavy Prime Minister Cars

Minmatar Ships = Engines with a little carbon fiber wrapped around them. :lol:

Quote from the eve forums from one of the developers.

CCP Abathur - Wormholes do not care what 'class' your ship is. Everything is strictly based upon the mass of the ship. All wormholes have an upper mass 'limit' that prevents ships that are too massive from passing through. Some wormholes will not allow battleships. Some will not allow capital ships.

Basic info on wormhole mechanics in the game

This was a huge-ass fleet. I dunno if Schwaltz ever went back and got them all but I got a good 1.5 mil isk out of it

It was only huge because I messed up :lol: but it did make it fun. I actually had to clear it out on my own before the war with the french started. :)!!

There's much more money to be had out in 0.0 space but unfortunately I'm waiting for my alliance to get my "essentials" out of ES via jump freighter.

Too risky to pass through the infamous "EC-Gate" with it all. :lol:

I started an account about 2 or 3 days ago. It's fun stuff. I'm still a bit lost though XD

Yeah you and me both 8-O. Granted my trial account is almost up. Not too certain if I'm going to move onto an actual account at this time. Couldn't get my friend to try it with me. He's still disenchanted from the earlier experiences the many moons ago.

Well for business I'm not sure, my big character [OverCoat] is all about PVP and kicking ass. My new character [Puru Two] is going to be a mad scientist/drug lord/miner/industrialist/possibly a support PVPer? I dunno about the fighting aspect of her yet.

There's plenty of people to help you down the right path, at least in the n00b systems or 1.0 space [like Kakakela, my home system -_-]

You can always join my private redneck chat, like Schwaltzvald. Though the rednecks might start feeling a little crowded if I invite EVERYONE in there. We'll see :P

Hope no-one kills me for posting up a link to everyone's hated website (gfaqs) BUT there's a rather detailed and succinct version of what's happened in the past two months regarding two of the game's largest corporations: BoB and the infamous Goonswarm.

It's war, and it's in a game, and it's a tantalising read.

THIS is what makes me so interested in EVE:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=430571&topic=48653011

Giving EVE some bumpage love.

Just in case no-ones seen these before (most likely you haven't anyway), there's some REALLY BRILLIANT trailers/short movies out there depicting in-game events and gameplay, by some talented filmmakers. Without further ado, here are the youtube links:

Day of Darkness II: (released 30th March 2009)

by Dirth Lauthris.

Tortuga - Lacrimosa

by Dirth Lauthris.

EVE Trailer - War has come to EVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub0YaZoTvfI

by Kyoko Sakoda

-----

The production values are brilliant - I'll let the videos speak for themselves. Each youtube video is available in HD format, but within the descriptions are links to High Definition 720p links which are also highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

OK Seems like no OCRfgts are playing anymore but me, but that's ok because I am totally rockin' it with these Rednecks. I absolutely adore this game.

However, I did come across something in Amarr space which made me shit brix:

[ 2009.04.10 03:48:03 ] OverCoat > wat

[ 2009.04.10 03:48:09 ] Darangen > wat

[ 2009.04.10 03:48:17 ] OverCoat > I hope you're not the same darangen I know

[ 2009.04.10 03:48:29 ] Darangen > Depends

[ 2009.04.10 03:48:38 ] Darangen > Who's the Darangen you know

[ 2009.04.10 03:48:40 ] OverCoat > are you the OCR artist

[ 2009.04.10 03:48:55 ] Darangen > Oh, nope, but that's who I shamelessly stole the name from

[ 2009.04.10 03:49:00 ] OverCoat > god dammit

[ 2009.04.10 03:49:21 ] Darangen > Sorry to dissappoint

[ 2009.04.10 03:49:25 ] OverCoat > well hi I am another OCR artist

[ 2009.04.10 03:49:36 ] Darangen > Lol, hey

[ 2009.04.10 03:49:56 ] OverCoat > yeah I'm poking around the system for wartargets and I stumbled upon your name in the local

[ 2009.04.10 03:50:23 ] Darangen > ;P

[ 2009.04.10 03:50:33 ] OverCoat > and I shat brix

[ 2009.04.10 03:50:40 ] OverCoat > but those brix were shat for naught it seems

[ 2009.04.10 03:50:41 ] OverCoat > hahaha

[ 2009.04.10 03:51:18 ] Darangen > haha, always fun when that happens

[ 2009.04.10 03:51:42 ] OverCoat > I hope no one takes my nick :V

[ 2009.04.10 03:52:05 ] OverCoat > well fortunately they won't here because I go by overcoat everywhere

[ 2009.04.10 03:52:21 ] Darangen > Well, this isn't my main account, only my miner, and I needed a name quick, and Depths of Isolation by Darangen came up on Winamp, so I went with it

and then we talked for a little bit after that

let's see if Darangen [either one] reads this one. OOPS! :P

So yeah moral of the story: Don't steal nicks or I WILL FIND YOU :V even if you're in a system with like 10 people in some random buttfuck amarr system.

Yeah tonight we were just bullshitting with Rifters in low sec, looking for wartargets, woo!

I have yet to see another OCR soul online except for Schwaltzvald, but it could just be because I don't know your names. Add OverCoat to your buddylist dammit!