EvE Online

ellywu2

afaik your character remains even if you cancel subscription. It used to be the case that you could put a long skill (cruiser V or something) on training, then cancel for a month and come back and it would be done. I think this has now changed with the introduction of a skill queue.

Incidentally, it's about time they added a skill queue so I can train all the piddly little EWAR skills etc without having to log in every 8 hours or so!

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd update this thread since it's been a while

finally got my first goddamn kill

http://antagonist.dk/xtc/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=568

dude melted like ice [lol stealth bomber], and I even got his pod. For some reason he was sitting 100k off of a gate uncloaked and seemed to not notice me until it was too late, and torpedos do shit damage to frigates. I even had a warp scrambler, not a disruptor. Unfortunately, that scrambler's lack of distance made me lose a couple runaway targets today ;_; at least I learned my lesson!

Thought I'd update this thread since it's been a while

finally got my first goddamn kill

http://antagonist.dk/xtc/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=568

Without really knowing the game, it seems like you're on the cautious side of playing Eve.

Check out the killboard of the friend of mine I demoed Eve with 4 months ago...I quit on the first day, he stayed.

http://pigs.evekb.co.uk/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=217725

Then again, he has this maniacal pro gamer attitude with MMOs, haha.

In Rens?

War target or you chose to get concorded?

Chasing War Targets

One of these guys ran all the way to Syndicate space for some reason, then back again. I think they're just trying to lead us on a wild goose chase.

Also I don't think I'm that cautious - that may be my first kill but I still have 10 ship/pod losses to make up for, lol

Running into a Triumvirate fleet a while back in 0.0 didn't help me much. Bye bye pod :V

• 2 weeks later...

Ha ha, wow, I'm glad this thread is still going on. The raven pictures made me want to log in just to stare at my caldari navy Raven :-D such an awesome ship

And yeah, Stealth bombers are great when you actually use them smartly, as in Cloaking to 4/5 Covert ops to 4/5 and Torpedo SPECIALIZATION to 3/4 , that means Torpedoes to 5... I still haven't done it, but then again, I use my Raven for missions, and only touch my stealth bomber for killing structures, or just screwing around when I know I'm safe. They're great, but they ARE made out of paper. The only thing that saves them is the fact that they're frigate sized... and maybe a speed tank, but I've never tried it

All of this reminded me to check my Cruise missile skill, 20 minutes to level 5, then specialization :-D

By the way, does anyone still go into the OCR channel anymore? Or does anyone still know about it? I've been pretty bad about it myself

A few people at work play this religiously. So I had one give me their 21-day free trial and have been at it for four days going on five.

I still berate them for playing such a fucking stupid, prosaic, and laughably entertainment-less game.

Having said that, please, can I hear your best Eve stories. The things that can *only* happen in EVE?

Ha ha, wow, I'm glad this thread is still going on. The raven pictures made me want to log in just to stare at my caldari navy Raven :-D such an awesome ship

Ravens are hideous

but I got that picture at a good angle so you don't see how retarded it actually looks

Also, no the OCR channel is dead. I see Schwaltzvald on every now and then and I saw Ellywu ONCE... I saw Darangen but it was just some guy pretending to be Darangen [!]

Wingless: Just read the whole thing between Band of Brothers and Goonswarm. This is what got me into the game:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/89219-More-EVE-Online-Shenanigans-GoonSwarm-Ganks-Band-Of-Brothers

Player interaction is the most important part of EVE. I'm using it as a training tool on how to be a complete asshole:

icon49_07.png

Yeah some of you know what this is >:D

A few people at work play this religiously. So I had one give me their 21-day free trial and have been at it for four days going on five.

I still berate them for playing such a fucking stupid, prosaic, and laughably entertainment-less game.

That's weird because all I could think of when reading Planetfall was how much it felt like an EvE fanfic.

Having said that, please, can I hear your best Eve stories. The things that can *only* happen in EVE?

I think you'd mostly get stories that don't sound too impressive for an outsider, full of EVE-specific terminology and gameplay logic.

I suppose it's something you really have to get into to understand its appeal.

I didn't btw, but my friend who plays it religously by now convinced me that it's pretty much the deepest MMO around.

That doesn't mean that I feel any need to get into it though :P

this will get you into EVE, wingless :D

or it should!

Wowowowow. I thought I had devoured every EVE media around, and when I saw this new HD EVE video on youtube, I thought, "Oh damn, how could I have missed this?", then I realised, it's an official one, from CCP. Pre-buffering it now on YouTube.

Can't. Wait.

Edit: That was pretty cool. Not utterly epic, but did its job well. Something that I could actually show to friends and not have them still baffled as to what I showed them (e.g. Day of Darkness videos). The production values gone into the video were top notch (like that close up on the rifter and the associated scenes, phwoar). Great job CCP.