Donkey Kong 64 - Crystal Caves Remix

CeliaDawn

Hello all! This is my first attempt at remixing something from a game. I had this idea while watching Hbomberguy's DK64 stream from a while ago and threw this together.

The transitions are clumsy, the drum part is thrown together haphazardly, and I have zero working knowledge of EQ or balance, but I'm proud of it. Someday I might record it with live instruments.

I'm happy to hear constructive feedback, and if anyone can direct me to resources for me to learn more about music production, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Sounds great for a first attempt at production.  I'm not an expert in EQ myself, but EQ doesn't seem to be a problem in the current track.  Unfortunately, I think that's because everything is a little quiet (not fully brought out).  I'd recommend just playing around with EQ settings to try and get something that sounds best to you while not exceeding certain limits.  FL Studio is a great DAW for production, imo.

• 2 weeks later...