OCR03901 - Skies of Arcadia "Il buono, il brutto, il pirata dell'aria"

Liontamer

As a bass player, I super super dig the electric bass on this. I can just see some full-suited, sweating Italian session player with a 60's Fender jazz bass, squished inside the pit alongside all the other musicians, trying his absolute best to stick to the notation while everyone else gets cooler parts than him. A consummate pro. 

This remix is awesome.

53 minutes ago, Mr. Hu said:

As a bass player, I super super dig the electric bass on this. I can just see some full-suited, sweating Italian session player with a 60's Fender jazz bass, squished inside the pit alongside all the other musicians, trying his absolute best to stick to the notation while everyone else gets cooler parts than him. A consummate pro.

Funnily enough, Mac (Furilas) is also a great bass player, but I was so focused on the harmonica part that I forgot to ask him if he’d be interested in performing on bass too. Awell, the sampled bass worked pretty well too, by the sound of it :)

I wish I had more history to say about this track that I did with the others, but I don't. This track is just plain awesome. I thought it an interesting choice to do a spaghetti western theme for the track with Jorito pitched it, but I was willing to give it a whirl. I know this was a combo track of Yafotuma Dawn and Eastern Sky Pirates, but it was clear the Sky Pirates was the dominant theme of the two, Jorito struggled hard trying to incorporate Yafotuma into the melody somehow. Within a short span of a few months, he gave me a WIP that sealed my love for the peace and I signed off on this amazing rendition and he went full throttled and got additional performers to make it the best it could be! Definitely one of my favorite tracks on the album and hot off the heels of the atmospheric Dark Rift theme "The Darkness is Already Here." A perfect wake-up call from the somber rift, just like in the game!