OCR00183 - Final Fantasy VI "Forever Rachel"

m68030

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was severely disappointed and quite angry with this mix. The original beautiful melody has been changed into a faster paced techno song. Some songs may sound good remixed as a blatant techno song, but this is not one of them. My favorite Final Fantasy song of all time has been Forever Tainted. I'm sorry, but I'm giving this remix a 2 out of 10.

• 2 months later...

::wince:: I'm gonna have to agree... I really would have liked to see something better than this for Forever Rachele. I mean, the original song is great on its own, this is a decent mix, but it almost seems to ruin the original melody.

For a first time job, I'd give it a 4/10. But since I'm so attached to the original song, I'm gonna have to go with a 3. =/ I can't even add suggestions for improvement, because while it's a mediocre mix, I personally just don't like any of it.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Why is everybody so grumpy? I loved that song too, but just because it isn´t a harmonic orchestral piece it doesn´t mean that we all should spit on it.

For myself, I didn´t really like that synth in the beginning, the one hat followed was better. This was a descent remix, it did not ruin the original, it kept the original structure but changed the instruments so it would become a techno mix with godd beats, drums, synths and a sad mood that also reflects how the org was.

Nice job, JAXX. :D

• 8 months later...
Why is everybody so grumpy? I loved that song too, but just because it isn´t a harmonic orchestral piece it doesn´t mean that we all should spit on it.

For myself, I didn´t really like that synth in the beginning, the one hat followed was better. This was a descent remix, it did not ruin the original, it kept the original structure but changed the instruments so it would become a techno mix with godd beats, drums, synths and a sad mood that also reflects how the org was.

Nice job, JAXX. :D

Why say anything when I have people like bummer around. I'm with bummer, kick ass!

• 5 months later...

The remix in itself is a good remix don't get me wrong but the whole point of this song was to make you feel sorry for poor old locke. If anything this song was meant to be made harmonic and not techno. Sorry for the bad crappy review.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This is rough stuff, but I actually quite liked it. It's got a skewed angle on the melody, and the beat isn't as prosaic as what could have been. It's got some identity to its own and sets itself above something some dude could have shat out in under 2 hours during the early 2000s.

Synths are iffy and the strings are a bit of a cliche, despite helping harmonise some of the strangeness that the odd pacing provides.

Overall, this is far from a disaster debut for JAXX, but yeah, sounds very early.

• 4 years later...

Well, the production is eh, and while I understand what was attempted, I'm not in love with the arrangement either. Still, it's very listenable and for an early debut ReMix where something was attempted to make the mix different, that counts for something. Not at all a horrible mix, but I unfortunately can't say I'm a fan of this one. Jaxx got better as time went on, but it's cool to still hear an earlier mix to really get that.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00183 - Final Fantasy VI "Forever Rachel"