OCR03907 - Chrono Trigger "As Blew the Winds, So Forward Marched Time"

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really a student of music, so I can't comment on what composers this remix reminds me of. But I am a brass player, and I can say that I will never complain about a remix using so many horns! (Seriously, can we get some more of those, anybody? I would love that, if anybody is looking to try it out.)

This is radically different from any other remix of this song that I've heard, and I love that. If someone were to have said to me, "OK, picture a song from Chrono Trigger, but in an old-time cinematic style that borders between symphonic and jazz," I would have never assumed I'd find that appealing. But, now that I hear it, I enjoy it! So thanks for making and sharing this, JohnStacy.

I applaud this innovative approach to the classic. It gives me Earthbound vibes at times, and the performance is surprisingly supple. The inherit warm feeling of the french horns makes it somewhat relaxing, despite the nicely done musical tension and dissonance that made it feel very organic. A triumph for Chrono Trigger, for video game music as an art median, and of course, to the mixer. Well done!