Nintendo Wii

Smoke

I like the idea of the WiiMote speaker...

Should have been a better quality, though.

There are just two things I miss:

1) a mp3 channel

2) the ability to save screenshots from within the Home menu

Somebody knows where I can tell the Big N about these issues?

NSider forums maybe. Otherwise you're SOL. They state specifically on their site that they don't accept unsolicited ideas(via e/mail at least).

Not to change the topic but...what is everyone's thoughts on the Wiimote speaker so far?

At first, I really didn't like it, but after I turned it off, it really felt like something was missing, especially in Zelda. The only thing that bothers me about it is sometimes it plays sounds that are coming out of your TV/surround speakers too, which is pretty distracting.

I was skeptical at first about the speaker, but I really think it adds a lot. The only problem with it is the speaker bottoms out too easily, thus causing distortion. When it was on the default (max) volume in Zelda especially it would often distort, but now that I turned it down it's so much better.

Btw, played Elebits multiplayer this weekend for this first time. It's fun, but I gotta say the single player was more fun. The biggest problem with multiplayer is how much greater the advantage the player who controls the camera has. Also played through some of the missions in the different modes, which was a lot of fun. I would have probably played more, but I picked up Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime for DS and FINALLY got Cubivore for GC (so damn hard to find, but it's really an awesome game...very unique) this weekend.

EDIT: Oh, and yay for me, I finally had the time to finish up Zelda yesterday!

1) a mp3 channel

NSider forums maybe. Otherwise you're SOL. They state specifically on their site that they don't accept unsolicited ideas(via e/mail at least).

HAVE FUN AT NSIDER!

Seriously, Ubisoft is sucking right now. They are just pushing out ports and tacking on crappy controls. Their lazy ports are evident in FarCry. They made the game look worse than the Xbox one that came out a while ago.

They really need to stop doing this crap.

1) a mp3 channel

The Photo Channel also does MP3s in slideshows, just put your tracks on the same SD card. A separate MP3 channel would be kind of useless.

Screenshots would be a nice option, but wouldn't really add all that much. Could be useful as a function of the Home button though, so it can be used in all games and VC titles as well. Especially if it's integrated into the Photo Channel so you can send pictures back to an SD card.

Also, Nintendo states on all of their international sites that they don't accept any ideas from outside sources, mainly for copyright and patent reasons. There's no use in trying to contact them about it. Basically, if they see the demand in some way, they'll adapt to it.

Seriously, Ubisoft is sucking right now. They are just pushing out ports and tacking on crappy controls. Their lazy ports are evident in FarCry. They made the game look worse than the Xbox one that came out a while ago.

They really need to stop doing this crap.

The day companies stop making crappy ports will be the Second Coming of Christ.

no srsly tho, ports are a cheap, easy way to make a buck, but with crap like Far Cry coming out, I hope gamers realize that companies are just getting lazier with them and not buy them. The same goes for licensed games (I'm looking at you, every movie game ever).

And to be honest, Ubisoft is at least supporting the Wii. Rayman's pretty good from what I hear, and Red Steel's gotten mixed reviews. The new POP port will be useful to those who haven't played it yet (coughmecough). I hope they add enough new stuff to practically make it a new game.

Companies need to learn that people want either (A) really good ports or (B) original games. I mean, wasn't more than half the Wii and PS3 launch line-up ports? It's ridiculous.

Also, Nintendo, let's see some online support!

But I really have little to complain about. Good launch line up, Zelda's keeping me occupied, and my friends/family love Wii Sports, so it all works out.

Also: WHY IS THERE NO TOEJAM AND EARL ON VIRTUAL CONSOLE YET?!? No one cares about Tennis, put the REAL games on.

Anyone ever play Military Madness? It sounds pretty sweet, but I'm a little anxious of burning $6 on the game if it's lame.

BTW, I had a wrist strap break the other day while playing Wii Sports Tennis, but I didn't drop my controller. I guess I just served too hard and incorrectly. Good thing I can get four new and improved ones for free.

Farcry and Redsteel are both instances of games that needed more development time. Redsteel for its controls, and Farcry for its graphics engine. We'll gladly wait for a more quality product Ubisoft, so don't screw up Prince of Persia k?

I think the speaker works well for everything but the crappy sword sounds in Zelda. *sigh*

<3 Elebits.

Tennis is really the only one I can play for more than one game/round/set without wanting to switch. I just got pro on it this evening after 81 games.

81 games, jeez. I did it in like 7 or so.

Seriously though, how many did it take you? 30-40?

I'm serious. Well 7 matches really, some of them 5 game, some of them 3 game.

I've played tennis for 18 years though.

Tennis is really the only one I can play for more than one game/round/set without wanting to switch. I just got pro on it this evening after 81 games.

81 games, jeez. I did it in like 7 or so.

Seriously though, how many did it take you? 30-40?

I'm serious. Well 7 matches really, some of them 5 game, some of them 3 game.

I've played tennis for 18 years though.

Yeah, you said that.

Still pretty impressive though. It took me forever to understand the concept of hitting the ball early/late and what that meant.

Has anyone else seen these?

wii20sports20packps1.jpg

We got them at work (the wheel doesn't come with it but instead there's a baseball bat attachment) for $25 for all three. It may seem gimicky, and it is, but using the racket attachment actually helps. You can see the orientation of your racket, which helps, and it adds a bit of weight to the remote.