Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Which reminds me of how silly wireless mouse and keyboards really are. I never understood the reason why they even exist.
Because otherwise I wouldn't be typing this from the comfort of my own bed. It's not a necessity, but it's definitely convenient.

Or maybe Nintendo makes us pay for a good product? :roll:

I'm interested and afraid to see how the Wii browser works. After all, internet browsers are the number one most likely way to obtain spyware. It's probably why Xbox Live doesn't have one. Then again, Wii's hardware should be so alien from anything else that there won't be issues for a while.

Is the browser tied to the internal memory in any manner? If not, I can't see how the spyware can save itself to your Wii...

Which reminds me of how silly wireless mouse and keyboards really are. I never understood the reason why they even exist.
Because otherwise I wouldn't be typing this from the comfort of my own bed. It's not a necessity, but it's definitely convenient.

How do you see the damn screen?

Resolution change.

How do you see the damn screen?

Resolution change.

Maybe it's because my monitor is ten feet away from the foot of my bed, but I can't make out anything from that far away. Magnifying it is really annoying.

If I had a wireless signal here, I would totally bring my laptop to my bed though.

Or maybe Nintendo makes us pay for a good product? :roll:

I'm interested and afraid to see how the Wii browser works. After all, internet browsers are the number one most likely way to obtain spyware. It's probably why Xbox Live doesn't have one. Then again, Wii's hardware should be so alien from anything else that there won't be issues for a while.

Is the browser tied to the internal memory in any manner? If not, I can't see how the spyware can save itself to your Wii...

I don't remember the DC ever having any issues at all with Spyware, and that had a browser just fine.

Then again, the Wii is using Opera(I really think they should have gone for Firefox. Adblock and other handy extensions FTW), which means it has some mainstream street cred as a target for hacking.

Who knows? Maybe we'll see other companies come along with their own custom browsers, so you could choose between Opera or whatever crappy Planetweb hackjob, included right in the game itself(like with PSO on the GC and a few other games on the DC..)?

I think I've read enough to make a prediction: Metroid Prime 3's release date will be announced in Q1 2007, and it will have an online component, probably multiplayer.

Nintendo has a Christmas present for Wii owners. Take a peek in the closet if you want, but you'll feel bad.
Possibly a glitch, but right now Super Mario Bros, R-Type, and Toejam&Earl are listed as free VC titles. PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN right right...

mikepiontek.com/journal/uploads/nintendo/mario.gif

mikepiontek.com/journal/uploads/nintendo/r-type.gif

mikepiontek.com/journal/uploads/nintendo/toejam.gif

But don't all VC games say they're free when you look at them through a browser? :?
Yeah that's true. We probably will have to pay for them. I guess they'll remain a rumor until next monday.

In the last thread, someone posted links to rechargeable batteries and a USB-powered charger. To my knowledge, the Wii doesn't support USB devices the same way PCs do as of yet, but can USB-powered devices still receive power from the Wii's USB ports? I'll be going through a lot of batteries in the long run if I stick with alkalines, so I'll need rechargeables.

In the last thread, someone posted links to rechargeable batteries and a USB-powered charger. To my knowledge, the Wii doesn't support USB devices the same way PCs do as of yet, but can USB-powered devices still receive power from the Wii's USB ports? I'll be going through a lot of batteries in the long run if I stick with alkalines, so I'll need rechargeables.

The Wii should still provide power to any USB device that's connected to it, even if it can't use the device itself.

19 Hours in front of Best Buy for me.

So I was talking with my friend from Australia who knows she's getting Wii. I told her to fill out the replacement strap thing in the meantime. However, that's only for the US and Canada. Did everyone else get better straps with their Wiis, or is there somewhere else to go?

So what's the longest anyone waited in line for a Wii? I waited 17 hours on the day before the launch.

No preorder - about 30 minutes, then they came and handed out vouchers to let you buy them at midnight. So my buddies and I drove home, came back 5 hours later, and probably waited in line about 20 minutes.

I remember the Gamecube one was even easier... showed up about 1 hour prior to midnight. Nintendo always seems to have plenty of consoles at launch. Though now, theres a massive shortage of them around here as everyone is snatching them up for christmas, I suppose.

Gaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy Wiiplay has been pushed back to Feb 07.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=10645

It's barely a month, but still.

Funny thing, in Europe, at launch last dec 8,if we wanted a second wiimote, we HAD to buy WiiPlay.

Thing I'm happy to own, because of the billiard and the little war game :P

And... no waiting, because of pre-order (3 months earlier). Now I think, if I haven't preordered my Wii, maybe I could try to get one in a hypermarket, but I think it was better to stay home. Pre-order rulz here ! The game shops get some Wii during December, but it's only for those who have preordered it and are still waiting (because the number of Wii was too low at launch)

i spent some time to earn my platinum medal at billiards. no it's done. Not pro at baseball, it's not the type of known sport around here, and i suck at it. Razz

Reverence for the billiard. But about the base-ball, I'll manage soon with the Phoenix Wright and OCR Miis :lol:

I hate you all.

I almost regret staying at home on launch day(damn you, virii!). But then I think of how I was stupid and ended up being really ill for six months straight because I didn't take care of myself.

That doesn't make me less jealous of you guys, though. :lol:

At least you know what is the most important :wink: