Nintendo Wii

Smoke

5 VC titles for Christmas, but no freebies as rumored.

via Joystiq

* Super Mario Bros. (NES, 500 points): Nintendo's flagship title is sure to sell like hotcakes despite already racking up 40 million in sales since its 1985 release. How many times can we repurchase the game?

* Street Fighter II: The World Warrior (SNES, 800 points): Compared to the Xbox Live version, it's your choice whether you want online play or would rather pocket $2.00 in exchange rate difference (800 Nintendo points vs. 800 MS points).

* Super Castlevania IV (SNES, 800 points): One of the best in the series. Easily the best Castlevania title on the SNES, though it only had one other iteration (Castlevania Dracula X) to compete against.

* Toe Jam & Earl (Genesis, 800 points): Strong two-player action title, worth the price based on style alone.

* R-Type (TurboGrafx16, 600 points): One of the classic space shooters.

R-Type,Super Castlevania Iv and Street Fighter II?

I gotta go pick me up a Wii points card and Classic Controller.

I know an FPS that the Wii should have.

Quake III Arena :P

Hell yes. That game was awesome on Dreamcast.

Has anyone had any issues with the pointer on the wii-mote kinda flickering or not registering correctly with the TV screen?

It flickers with me if I get too far from the TV, roughly 8-10 feet or so.

On another note, the DBZ fighting game is suprisingly fun (but also difficult) to play.

Edit: thanks penfold. I'll do that when I get home.

No problem, hope it works out for you.

I gotta go pick me up a Wii points card and Classic Controller

lol, yeah I gotta pick up another points card soon (I have just enough left for Castlevania IV), and hopefully I'll be able to find a classic controller around here.

EDIT: btw, Calpis, what do you have your sensitivity at? I know that at that distance it will still bug when you rotate, but it definitely helps to max the sensitivity.

Interesting. It seems as though the weather channel has different music for each day...or at least each part of the day. Last night when I was at the globe, it was playing a very mellow ambient song, but now it is playing this perky song.

I wanted to hear the ambient song again, but I suppose this song is alright too.

Someone should just rip the weather music from the Forecast Channel. Everyone seems to love it, haha.

I knew about Toe Jam & Earl, but SF II and Castlevania IV? Oh hell yes!! well, maybe not SF II, I'd rather wait for a better version....like Tubro or Super SFII.

Thing is, Joystiq is not always very reliable. I really hope it's true.

Edit: thanks penfold. I'll do that when I get home.

They usually have sources. In this case they do:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=12611

The music is different per day, or part of the day. I need to test this...

Also, I find it amusing that Tokyo has a different set of icons for their weather. For their rain, they have an umbrella, while we have well...rain clouds. Also, take a look at their sun.

NoJ, you guys are pretty crafty fellows.

I can't remember where it was posted(thought it was here but I can't find it), but apparently Toys R Us is supposed to have a bunch of Wiis Friday morning. Who thinks I should line up like a crazy person?

Yeah, I just called, and they said that they got some today and sold out, but they're getting more tomorrow. My sister and her friend are going early.

I can't remember where it was posted(thought it was here but I can't find it), but apparently Toys R Us is supposed to have a bunch of Wiis Friday morning. Who thinks I should line up like a crazy person?

Yeah, I just called, and they said that they got some today and sold out, but they're getting more tomorrow. My sister and her friend are going early.

FUCK YES thank you. I kept trying to call my local stores, I only got through to them once(I made dozens of calls), and I was too stupid to ask when they'd have more in stock.

My store opens at 8am(closes at midnight). When do you think I should line up?

Do it, but don't go crazy until you get inside.

Silly Bigfoot, I'm ALWAYS crazy. ;)

I can't get my Opera Browser freak on. Wii Shop Channel seems to be playing up. It's past midday on the 22nd for me, so it should be up, right?

Then again, I'm having major DNS issues here down under. Half the sites I just tried to visit are failing to load. That could have something to do with it.

That or the overwhelming demand for operatic wii.

I can't get my Opera Browser freak on. Wii Shop Channel seems to be playing up. It's past midday on the 22nd for me, so it should be up, right?

Then again, I'm having major DNS issues here down under. Half the sites I just tried to visit are failing to load. That could have something to do with it.

That or the overwhelming demand for operatic wii.

I heard it's up in some places, not exactly sure where though. It's definetly not up here in the US yet.

Actually, some Toys R Us stores sold them today as soon as they got them - that seems to be the store policy, so you'd just have to wait all day for them, assuming they didn't get them today.

Hm... well, I have no life and I live in an area that is Wii-hungry, so I'll probably just go around midnight.

Comments from one of my Aussie friends:

Well, for an internet browser, opera works pretty well. It passes the Strong Bad and Youtube tests. The trial version doesn't allow you to add sites to your favourites list, and as of yet you seem unable to copy and paste text. Taking bets that the final version will allow you to transfer pisctures to the photo channel to be turned into puzzles?

Video compression is evident but barely noticable, in worst case the images looked slightly muddy or blurry, a little like the cutscenes for DS games.

Also, the zoom feature seems almost ideal to get a closeup of the youtube window showing what's playing without having to click and load the fullscreen version.

EDIT~ Forgot to mention a few points.

The built-in address bar equivalent passes the one-word test, allowing you to merely type in "google" or "vgcats" etc to have the browser fill in the rest for you. The speaker on the wiimote makes some standard internetty sounds like the click of a keyboard button when you enter letters or press a button on a page. It's a cute touch.

It also comes with a handy popup blocker, but in doing so eliminates the possibility of stuff like newgrounds, or accessing AIM or MSN's internet browser versions.