Nintendo Wii

Smoke

Quick question for Wii users.

Can I use a GC action replay to play a GC import ?

The GC Freeloader disc and the Action Replay both work.

Also, threadbreak lol.

Partially. Freeloader 1.06B doesn't work on the Wii.

And of course the only one I have is the FreeLoader 1.06B. Bugger.

I guess I'll have to wait for someone to release a similar device for Wii that hopefully includes GameCube support.

And of course Nintendo doesn't release an update to stop it from working. Knowing PAL and Nintendo though, they're going to take every measure to screw importers over.

This wouldn't be happening if Lik Sang were still here! I would have an NTSC Wii already and not need importing stuff. </rant>

I'm bored with the Wii atm...

Same here. I can't wait for Wario Ware to come out, but until then, I'm casually playing Wii Sports every now and then with friends, but mostly going back to my PS2.

God, does Guitar Hero EVER get old? One of the best values I ever got out of a game.

Bottom works better for me.

And nobody knows the answer to my question for Wii Sports? :(

Not that I know of. It seems that you just get a different ball with bowling and that's it. :(

I'm bored with the Wii atm, but I do only have 2 games(not counting Wii sports).

Get Elebits!

It's a really fun game.

Same here. I can't wait for Wario Ware to come out, but until then, I'm casually playing Wii Sports every now and then with friends, but mostly going back to my PS2.

God, does Guitar Hero EVER get old? One of the best values I ever got out of a game.

Me three. Good thing I got a new XBox 360 & Gears of War for the moment.

And Guitar Hero is just fun to pick up and play...who knows when it'll get old, especially if they keep releasing games, although MTV recently bought out Harmonix :( .

And Guitar Hero is just fun to pick up and play...who knows when it'll get old, especially if they keep releasing games, although MTV recently bought out Harmonix :( .

Guitar Hero is DDR 2.0 (with your hands instead of your feet) only this time it is cool! For those bored with the Wii try out Madden's mini games... great way to waste time until Monday when the new VC games are released.

My friend let me borrow that thursday, and I have to admit that it is very awesome.

That and my "Video game God" brother can't play it for shit!

I was about to come on ranting and raving, wondering why Super Castlevania IV wasn't available in the Wii Shop Channel, until I realized it's been less than a week since I determined to buy it and it's not quite Christmas day yet.

:roll:

For those bored with the Wii try out Madden's mini games... great way to waste time until Monday when the new VC games are released.

I've been meaning to ask someone... how good is Madden? Would it be worth getting for someone like me who, despite not liking most sports games of the sort, knows several people who would probably enjoy it and have even expressed interest in trying it out to see how the controls work? In other words, are the controls impressive enough to justify that $50, or a rental perhaps?

Actually, no. Madden, much like the Dragonball Z Tenkaichi 2 game I own, have their own specific ways of control that does take some getting used to. It's DEFINITELY not a "pick up and play" kind of mechanic. You do have to learn some quirks and the button utilization. It's definitely more difficult of a learning curve than the typical controllers or even a keyboard/mouse combination.

But it can be intuitive once you get used to it.

Which is sorta funny considering that they're trying to cater to the non-hardcore and casual gamers with this. I would think these kinds of complexities in controls would be more suitable for the true hardcore gamers.