Nintendo Wii

Smoke

So.. Depending on which one you want to believe..

VG Charts is saying Wii has broke 3 million.

NexGenWars is saying 2 million.

I say.. wait until Nintendo announces the end of year numbers. Or at least announces some sort of milestone.

Even with 2 million, that's since November 19th. That's a million a month. That's pretty damn good for anyone.

Now, as long as they use "units sold" and not "units shipped"...

Whut. It's been a month and nine days, not two months since it launched. Try your hand at math again - it would be more accurate (though still off by a bit) to say 2 million in five and a half weeks. That's a hell of a lot more impressive than a million a month.

I say.. wait until Nintendo announces the end of year numbers. Or at least announces some sort of milestone.

Even with 2 million, that's since November 19th. That's a million a month. That's pretty damn good for anyone.

Whut. It's been a month and nine days, not two months since it launched. Try your hand at math again - it would be more accurate (though still off by a bit) to say 2 million in five and a half weeks. That's a hell of a lot more impressive than a million a month.

Oops. You're right. Only a month, not two. The hours of sunlight this far north.. it gets a little hard to keep track of time. Daylight only lasts maybe... eight hours? But yeah, month, not months.

Have any of you have noticed, R-Type for the TG-16 is 800 Wii points. Why is this? Can anyone explain this to me?

I actually called Nintendo and asked the question and they didn't even know!! Didn't Reggie (or Nintendo) say that all of "X" system would be "X" amount of Wii points? Does anyone have an insight to this?

If I had to guess, I thought it might be either a) a licensing issue or B) a rarity issue. Thing is, I have no proof to support my claims. Anyone got a clue?

Did some research on this, and there's a pretty good reason apparently.

The original Japanese PC Engine release of R-Type only included the first half of the arcade, with the second half being released separately. However, the US and European releases of R-Type include the full game(Both halves)

Japan will get both parts as separate games, while the US and Europe get a single game.

More info on it here: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=12624

In other news, I picked up Rayman: Raving Rabbids today and it's pretty damn entertaining and fun, even if it's just a bundle of (good) minigames.

Have any of you have noticed, R-Type for the TG-16 is 800 Wii points. Why is this? Can anyone explain this to me?

I actually called Nintendo and asked the question and they didn't even know!! Didn't Reggie (or Nintendo) say that all of "X" system would be "X" amount of Wii points? Does anyone have an insight to this?

If I had to guess, I thought it might be either a) a licensing issue or B) a rarity issue. Thing is, I have no proof to support my claims. Anyone got a clue?

Did some research on this, and there's a pretty good reason apparently.

The original Japanese PC Engine release of R-Type only included the first half of the arcade, with the second half being released separately. However, the US and European releases of R-Type include the full game(Both halves)

Japan will get both parts as separate games, while the US and Europe get a single game.

More info on it here: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=12624

In other news, I picked up Rayman: Raving Rabbids today and it's pretty damn entertaining and fun, even if it's just a bundle of (good) minigames.

Rabbids are raving mad part 2.

FTW

That happens once in a while. Most likely a bluetooth problem because I've read stuff about the PS3 controller messing up too.

Just turn off the console (hold power until red) Take out batteries and then try it again.

That's what I do when it does that.

Oops. You're right. Only a month, not two. The hours of sunlight this far north.. it gets a little hard to keep track of time. Daylight only lasts maybe... eight hours? But yeah, month, not months.

S'alright, Kotaku made the same mistake, too.

I heard somewhere that its actually possible to get pc based emulators and homebrew on the Wii w/o voiding warrenty...

It involved action replay for GC, and a SD loader freeware program (and an SD card of course)...

solves the issues of 85% suck games from VC (so far... where are you SoM & Super Metroid, the only 2 I WANT)

then again aquiring the rom's is kinda, not legal :[

This kinda seems intresting to me, since the VC doesn't give us any kinda of visual improvments/add ons or nothing. Also would seem like a wicked awsome way to use the Wiimotes for homebrew.

I heard somewhere that its actually possible to get pc based emulators and homebrew on the Wii w/o voiding warrenty...

It involved action replay for GC, and a SD loader freeware program (and an SD card of course)...

solves the issues of 85% suck games from VC (so far... where are you SoM & Super Metroid, the only 2 I WANT)

then again aquiring the rom's is kinda, not legal :[

This kinda seems intresting to me, since the VC doesn't give us any kinda of visual improvments/add ons or nothing. Also would seem like a wicked awsome way to use the Wiimotes for homebrew.

This doesn't work like you want it to work. The system's stuck in Gamecube mode if you do this, so you can't use any of the Wii's new technology.

Loser, who uses guides???
I was thinking about stopping. I bet that would make them a lot more fun, wouldn't it...

I always figured it was like paying someone to play the game for you... unless you use the internet.... do they still make guides?

So I've been playing the Goron mine fire temple thing without the guide and it has been going quite smoothly. Maybe I'll use it later when I want to go back to collect heart pieces or something, but the lack of guide makes it waayyyyy more fun.

I was thinking about stopping. I bet that would make them a lot more fun, wouldn't it...

I always figured it was like paying someone to play the game for you... unless you use the internet.... do they still make guides?

So I've been playing the Goron mine fire temple thing without the guide and it has been going quite smoothly. Maybe I'll use it later when I want to go back to collect heart pieces or something, but the lack of guide makes it waayyyyy more fun.

The game is far too linear and simple to require a guide.

it is not my fault i'm bad at video games

A few of the puzzles can be confusing, like the one where you have to slide blocks around on ice... those can be brain-busters if you're not hardwired for that sort of puzzle. And the camera constantly following behind you can make it confusing.

I had to look up a few things from time to time, but yeah, only save a walkthrough or guide for when you absolutely need it

it is not my fault i'm bad at video games

Don't worry about using a guide to get the heart pieces. There's a character you can talk to who will show you where the piece is.. you just need to figure out how to get it.

I must say that Elebits is pretty much a Nintendo's version of Katamari Damacy. Though still not quite as crazy, but still quirky.

And I think it's great to simply rent most of the games since they are entirely too short at the moment. Great money's worth for the experience. Still waiting for something more substantial personally.